British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Workington Knock out Cup.8 July 6.30pm

3 minutes ago, screm said:

To be fair to Workington its been on their website since this morning that Campton and Proctor would both very likely miss this meeting. Obviously Workington have been trying to secure a guest for either of their injured riders without success.

aye , i suppose everyone is riding in Poland  . we have to accept that . information is good tho , innit . still its done now .come on the cornets . yee haa .

20 minutes ago, jenga said:

aye , i suppose everyone is riding in Poland  . we have to accept that . information is good tho , innit . still its done now .come on the cornets . yee haa .

No one who rides in the championship rode in Poland today

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Who is that guest that best we can do 

For the money on offer probably.!

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No one who rides in the championship rode in Poland today

tongue in cheek post from me .. dont follow Poland and them other places , just the good ole U.K.

It's ironic that Workington have twice been unable to get a suitable guest but it's them who have been told to cancel fixtures. Nothing at all against Newcastle but in the present situation I'm wondering how a team can ride on Sunday with the number of riders riding in Poland, rider availability? They get lower crowds on Mondays I believe.  I said years ago about doubling up and rider availability, there was a lot of replies saying there was plenty riders ready to step up.  I've just seen that no Championship riders were in Poland today, ok but not always the case. 

Think Poland on a 4 week break, so shud have been some rider wanting to earn some money riding for the comets

44 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

More fool you- you are missing the best league Speedway anywhere- spend 30 mins watching this from last Sunday https://www.cda.pl/video/24194340c?wersja=720p

if you don`t like it you can have your money back ;)

do you know you can get band on the un for that ?

the workington steamroller keeps on rollin .A real crazy weekend for cornets fans,  

get well soon ty and mason . thanks to josh and all the other team members . 

super, smashing , thanks .

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Who is that guest that best we can do 

Newcastle 2nd halfer I think

Well.done to the riders and jacko  cant have been easy to shuffle riders about 

• Like 2

Fantastic result for the Comets, Rasmus always looked capable and now Dan is scoring well for us too. Congrats to all, before the season started people were saying "Who'll win races for Workington?" Mmm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, comet49 said:

Fantastic result for the Comets, Rasmus always looked capable and now Dan is scoring well for us too. Congrats to all, before the season started people were saying "Who'll win races for Workington?" Mmm

aye , 11 heat winners for the cornets !