British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Workington Knock out Cup.8 July 6.30pm

Wow well done to the comets, fantastic team effort with plenty of effort. Four man team dominated the diamonds, and can see why they are winning meetings across the country. 

Now for Newcastle. Ludvig lindgren, number 1 (by not a number 1) at the start of the season. Who can’t ride anywhere away from home but regularly gets a position on strength of his home form and team spirit, only beats josh emblton and Kyle Bickley all night.. then watches Stuart fall heavily and turns back to the pits.... only for Rene Bach to walk out to meet him on way back... 

its not fair to single out ludvig in particular, but the excuses of him not being a number one and out of his depth are gone. 

I think the team are proving why each rider starts every season (with the exception of Ashley and maybe Stuart where age is playing it’s part) a unreliable middle order rider...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Should of been more as couldn’t understand why your manager replaced Josh Embleton in heat 11 with Kyle Bickley when he could of used the then unbeaten Rasmus Jensen who ended up only having 6 rides 

id have used kyle in ht 8 instead of josh and replaced kyle with rasmus later on if needed 

43 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

id have used kyle in ht 8 instead of josh and replaced kyle with rasmus later on if needed 

Then josh would have had to be used somewhere for his third ride obviously 

Ashley did well at #2 in the past. I'd put him back at 2 and Ludde to #4.

• Like 1

A fantastic end to a weekend of travelling to support our boys .. To go to Brough with 4 riders and wee Kyle and come away with a 10 point win was bloody awesome they rode their socks off . Bring on the 2nd leg :t::party:

5 hours ago, andys said:

Then josh would have had to be used somewhere for his third ride obviously 

Yep 

But it gave kyle the experience of it 8 

A remarkable result given the Comets were basically a four man team. That’s one decent side they’ve put together. It’s a shame it’ll probably bankrupt em

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shadders said:

A remarkable result given the Comets were basically a four man team. That’s one decent side they’ve put together. It’s a shame it’ll probably bankrupt em

it was not a decent side at the start of the season and most posters on here saying workington had a poor team . so whats changed for you to say this team will bankrupt workington speedway ? the guys will prob be on the same  money incentives , just scoring a few more points . laura and co put this side together hoping that it could do well and it is ..

money paid out is only something posters can speculate . it may be true or it maybe just another cheap shot as we are doing good . only a few people know the truth and it is not you or me . 

workington speedway , giving fans what they have wanted for years . A PERFORMING TEAM  .

time for the commercial manager to do his bit and shout to the rest of Cumbria as to the quality of the team and try and bring in some more sponsorship and when they get it , pick it up asap ..

but no more freebie tickets .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

it was not a decent side at the start of the season and most posters on here saying workington had a poor team . so whats changed for you to say this team will bankrupt workington speedway ? the guys will prob be on the same  money incentives , just scoring a few more points . laura and co put this side together hoping that it could do well and it is ..

money paid out is only something posters can speculate . it may be true or it maybe just another cheap shot as we are doing good . only a few people know the truth and it is not you or me . 

workington speedway , giving fans what they have wanted for years . A PERFORMING TEAM  .

time for the commercial manager to do his bit and shout to the rest of Cumbria as to the quality of the team and try and bring in some more sponsorship and when they get it , pick it up asap ..

but no more freebie tickets .

Financial problems were highlighted a few weeks ago in the Speedway Star.

A think at the start of the season if someone had said that we would only suffer 1 home defeat by August,  most would've been happy. I find it hard to draw any positives from last night, but not much went Newcastles way, Well done Worky, who generally out gated and out battled us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shadders said:

Cheap shot from a usual suspect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PaulS said:

Ashley did well at #2 in the past. I'd put him back at 2 and Ludde to #4.

The problem with that is Ludde and Matej can't  ride with each other. At home I'd put Ludde at 5 and Tero at 2. Ash us doing OK at 3/4 in my opinion.

Edited by StevePark
Spell check on phone!

2 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

Newcastle Riders scored:

6+1, 5+2, 9, 6+3, 4, 4+1 and 6.

About what you'd expect from second strings and reserves.

They've done OK at home so far this season. The odd 'blip' was bound to happen.