Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Workington Knock out Cup.8 July 6.30pm

23 hours ago, StevePark said:

They've done OK at home so far this season. The odd 'blip' was bound to happen. 

Not forgetting that the Comets are a vey good side and on the night Rasmus, who had been out of form to be a reserve, but came good on Sunday. Disappointing performance from our team with poor gating on a dusty track, but credit the Comets for riding so well. They have got some good results on the road and performed well again. Even the R/R for Proctor got 8 points,

44 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not forgetting that the Comets are a vey good side and on the night Rasmus, who had been out of form to be a reserve, but came good on Sunday. Disappointing performance from our team with poor gating on a dusty track, but credit the Comets for riding so well. They have got some good results on the road and performed well again. Even the R/R for Proctor got 8 points,

rasmus has not been out of form, in fact he is having a great season and in the few home meetings that we have had, he has been brilliant , home and away he swapped places with mason and if rene had scored 7 or less from the home meeting v berwick , rene would have been @ reserve 7 days later ! worky rider averages are very close to each other . 

it is a different Jensen this year .

• Like 4

I don't understand why we have our two highest averaged riders at 1 and 2??  They looked like they couldn't ride together on Sunday as they were both chasing the same piece of track.  Would it not be a better option to have Ludvig at 5 or 3 and Aarnio or Kus at 2.  I still finding Kus perplexing, fantastic in first 3 races (made the gate in all 3, I appreciate) and then solid last and not interested in last two, does he just give up as he cannot pass riders or what, but not very good from a Diamonds fans point of view to see him coasting around at the back and looking down at his machine (come on Matej your fooling nobody, we all know that their is sod all wrong with the bike!!).  The defeat on Sunday was and should not have happened, yes Worky are a good team but to be 2 mean short (and had two riders who didn't score) and still beat us shows how vastly under the averages we are, yes Rasmus scored a boat load but we have two riders at reserve who should have been able to match his scoring.  People may say that I am panicking after one home defeat, but the facts are we had 7 riders and they had 6 of which only 4 scored, we were the home team, now tell me that is not a worrying stat.

Anyone know why we are not in the Pairs, or have I missed something and I still don't know why Ludvig was not in the 4's, I appreciate that meeting is now history, just find it strange.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I don't understand why we have our two highest averaged riders at 1 and 2??  They looked like they couldn't ride together on Sunday as they were both chasing the same piece of track.  Would it not be a better option to have Ludvig at 5 or 3 and Aarnio or Kus at 2.  I still finding Kus perplexing, fantastic in first 3 races (made the gate in all 3, I appreciate) and then solid last and not interested in last two, does he just give up as he cannot pass riders or what, but not very good from a Diamonds fans point of view to see him coasting around at the back and looking down at his machine (come on Matej your fooling nobody, we all know that their is sod all wrong with the bike!!).  The defeat on Sunday was and should not have happened, yes Worky are a good team but to be 2 mean short (and had two riders who didn't score) and still beat us shows how vastly under the averages we are, yes Rasmus scored a boat load but we have two riders at reserve who should have been able to match his scoring.  People may say that I am panicking after one home defeat, but the facts are we had 7 riders and they had 6 of which only 4 scored, we were the home team, now tell me that is not a worrying stat.

Anyone know why we are not in the Pairs, or have I missed something and I still don't know why Ludvig was not in the 4's, I appreciate that meeting is now history, just find it strange.

The pairs is the top ten (or eight) teams decided by combined greensheet average of top two riders from each team. Newcastle are eleventh since our top two (Ludde and Robbo) don't even add up to 14! 

7 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

That's what you get with Kus,not a  surprise but still 3 race wins cannot be sniffed at.

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

That's what you get with Kus,not a  surprise but still 3 race wins cannot be sniffed at.

Especially from a 5 point average.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

True, but its the pissing about at the back when he misses the gate that bothers me!!  If he is not in front after 1 lap he doesn't seem to care.

1 minute ago, diamond@heart said:

True, but its the pissing about at the back when he misses the gate that bothers me!!  If he is not in front after 1 lap he doesn't seem to care.

He has always been the same but Promotions keep bringing him back,it's not his fault.