Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Champions Elect Comets 12/7 Championship

Recommended Posts

I think you should change the title of the thread to Ipswich v Workington :neutral:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I think you should change the title of the thread to Ipswich v Workington :neutral:

Just a little lighted hearted compliment. You should make the most of it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

louis is safe  with that scenario .

but would scare the pants off him if in ger lan hit 5 or 6 .  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just a little lighted hearted compliment. You should make the most of it!

We could possibly be champions if we manage to race our remaining home meetingsB)

Edited by topaz325

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is is a secret...cos I haven't seen it advertised anywhere. If I didn't know I wouldn't know.

Edited by Baldyman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

We could possibly champions if manage to race our remaining home meetingsB)

It would be a popular win.  A very liked team. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Workington over the past few years have always had riders prepared to attack the Foxhall track and give the home team a good match. :t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Speedway on a Thursday at Foxhall... ssshhh it's best kept secret ;)

At the AGM it was said that Workington could not race on a Friday as 3 teams have chosen that day. They have now ridden 75% of matches on a Friday, Peterborough have sneaked in a few so now the use of guests for injured riders becomes an issue. The BSPA ask them to change a few meetings & all hell breaks loose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re phrase please ......

They were TOLD they cannot ride Fridays, along with Peterborough and Lakeside. Purely so that members of the BSPA, who's teams ride on Fridays would not miss out on getting a rider in for their injured/unavailable riders.

But they've done nowt to make sure the three above teams can complete their fixtures on time and perhaps stop them winning the league.

P*ss poor effort from our so called leaders. Shame on them!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't your team also need guests for injured riders? The whole thing stinks really, just par for the corse of speedway 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, workyboy said:

Re phrase please ......

They were TOLD they cannot ride Fridays, along with Peterborough and Lakeside. Purely so that members of the BSPA, who's teams ride on Fridays would not miss out on getting a rider in for their injured/unavailable riders.

But they've done nowt to make sure the three above teams can complete their fixtures on time and perhaps stop them winning the league.

P*ss poor effort from our so called leaders. Shame on them!!

Totally agree.

Surely though it is not beyond the wit of the fixture compiler(s) to ensure that every team in the league has a minimum of one home fixture every two weeks between April and September if they all race on any day between Thursday to Sunday to at least ensure some momentum and fans know that at least every two weeks (barring rain offs etc.) The farce is that they cannot even do that and you go three or four weeks with nothing. If teams are able to race more frequently then so be it. One league meeting home and away and the KO competition is simply not enough to sustain interest.

To reduce costs but maintain regional interest either have a competition with the top two from the North versus the top two from the South home and away. Also have a British Championship where every rider gets a chance to compete and each track holds at least two meetings. As it stands the sport has nothing new to offer except a policy of ‘less is best’ which clearly from a fans perspective it is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Doesn't your team also need guests for injured riders? The whole thing stinks really, just par for the corse of speedway 

Yeah, we needed two on Sunday v Newcastle. What did we get 1 young N L rider, bless him rode his heart out, plus R/R.

We still managed to beat them with a 5 man team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

At the AGM it was said that Workington could not race on a Friday as 3 teams have chosen that day. They have now ridden 75% of matches on a Friday, Peterborough have sneaked in a few so now the use of guests for injured riders becomes an issue. The BSPA ask them to change a few meetings & all hell breaks loose.

:rolleyes: hilarious post !! All Friday meetings agreed by the BSPA at beginning of the season , suddenly the wheels fall off for the big guns whose managers are on the board , low and behold , they can’t get guests so let’s stop teams from progressing and remove the fixtures , get your Scorpions goggles off  :icon_smile_clown: . Hey Karma’s a bitch though , did you see our 3 wins over the weekend , and one with 4 boys and young Kyle :approve:

Edited by Taylorj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy