British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Champions Elect Comets 12/7 Championship

wucky rolla kola strikes again .  oppo well and truly  flattened .  :drink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

This is looking a lot tighter than I thought, just hope that RR doesn't prove our undoing?

If we can maintain our good run of form we should get at least a point tho I would be disappointed if we couldn't sneak a cheeky win by 2!! :D

Even better, by four, absolutely buzzing what a result big well done kyle Bickley with his 4 pts doesn't sound a lot but it's a big deal for kyle I'll bet,well done worky

• Like 5

well don't know what to say 

this team really can go all the way im sure 

very happy with result 

nice end to my day that's been hit with more sad news from southern 100 road races in isle of man 

also a BIG well done to kyle hope the 4 points are just what you need to kick start your road to becoming the rider we all think you can be

Edited by scaramanga
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ipswich unlucky with injuries but that’s 5 away wins in total I think this season. It’s swings and roundabouts, won at Newcastle Sunday with virtually 4 man team. Hope injured riders recover soon. 

• Like 3

Think I got the thread title spot on

Well done Worky :t:

We may well have won without the injuries but again all our bad luck was self inflicted

Solid effort and a deserved away win

Get well soon to Danyon and Jonas

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Beating a team with 2 more injuries......

Part of the game I'm afraid, nobody's exclusive to the injury department,and we've had our fair whack over the years

• Like 3

We need to sign riders that can stay on their bikes.... as they either injure themselves or hurt their team mate...

Well done to Worky who didn't have a weak link.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, gregory peck said:

Even better, by four, absolutely buzzing what a result big well done kyle Bickley with his 4 pts doesn't sound a lot but it's a big deal for kyle I'll bet,well done worky

Absolutely, made all the difference tonight, without a doubt a confidence booster for him!! :D

3 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Absolutely, made all the difference tonight, without a doubt a confidence booster for him!! :D

3 points tonight for kyle , but it will fell like a double score and give him another confidence boost . well done wee fella and the rest of the team .

rolla kola, coming to your ears in cumbria .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Don’t want to dampen the praise being out on Kyle too much he’s good lad with potentially a big future ahead of him but his points tonight were all inherited via either falls or retirements - that being a good lesson in you’ve got to be in it to win it something young danyon could learn from!

generally Workington were poor in my opinion other than campton and Jensen and with all that went on should’ve won more comfortably but 3 away points and well done

when will the luck ever favour us witches!? Season after season blighted by injury going all the way back to career ending injuries of Chris Louis and mark loram!!

I'm blaming myself for the injuries...about 2 seconds before the crash I shouted out, just stay on ya bike Danyon, then crunch. 

Good team team Workington have...some good riders that race Foxhall very well, so they unlikely to wear the witch.

Speedy recovery to injured riders, well done to Worky, and think Jonas really will turn into a crowd pleaser .

First of all I hope Ippo's injured riders are back soon, it obviously hindered them tonight.

As far as the Comets are concerned, we march on. The thing that strikes me at the moment is that we are not relying on the same one or two riders every meeting. Everyone is chipping in, and when one or two are maybe struggling a wee bit another one or two are scoring big points - tonight it was Razzer and Mason, last week we had Rene and Nicolai, before his injury Ty was banging them in - and I haven't even mentioned the boy wonder.

Long may it last, I just hope we can get our fixtures in before the cut off date and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

Looking back at Witches injuries....

1. Kyle crashes at Poole
2. Nico and Danyon crash at Redcar Nico out for season
3. Danyon crashes Poole after bike issue.

4. Rory crashes at Peterborough in Cup semi

5. Cam crashes at ipswich 
6. Danny wiped out by Nathan .

7. Nathans knocked off by Nicholls in Play offs

8. Kyle crashes at Ipswich and hit by Nathan in Play offs.

1. Danny knocks off Nico
2. Haertel wipes out Danny
3. Danyon crashes at Wolves
4. Danyon crashes and takes Jonas with him

5. Cam out with concussion after being hit by Bjerre 

So out of all of them 13 instances only 2 was through fault of the opposition.....

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

How sad to see how far the once mighty Ipswich Witches have fallen. Easy to blame a run of injuries but in truth this is s badly put together side which would have always struggled to complete even at this level.