British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Champions Elect Comets 12/7 Championship

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialOne said:

How sad to see how far the once mighty Ipswich Witches have fallen. Easy to blame a run of injuries but in truth this is s badly put together side which would have always struggled to complete even at this level.

That's what everybody thought!!

Edited by Siggytastic
Fat fingers

This is going to be a long one..........

Firstly, I really do have a lot of sympathy for Louis. He has clearly made a real effort over the last two seasons to try and put together a very competitive team only to be hit again and again by injuries. I know it's speedway and injuries happen but I am really struggling to remember anything like we have experienced over the past two seasons in my many years of watching speedway.

Secondly, Jeppesen - the lad clearly is a tryer and did look to have some speed when he finally got to the first bend but how can any speedway rider expect to be successful when they are that slow from the tapes, you can't give that type of head start to anyone who is semi decent? This also applies to Heeps. I have never ridden a speedway bike and I am happy to be told by those that have that I am talking out of my rear end, however, certainly in modern speedway the start is extremely important. I would guess that a quick start is all down to your reaction times. I accept that some people naturally have better reaction times than others but reaction times are something you can work on and improve through exercises. Do speedway riders do this? 

Thirdly, I am sure I read before the season started that IRR would come into effect this season even when a team was already operating r/r. If that's correct, how was it supposed to operate for Jeppesen tonight in H14? Of the riders below his average, Mountain was already in the heat and Hume had already withdrawn from the meeting. The rider with the average above him (Heeps) was already operating as r/r with Covatti able to take one of his rides, which he did. If r/r is operating for the average above the injured riders does that mean that only those with a lower average can take IRR rides or can any of the riders allowed to take the r/r rides also take the IRR rides? Grateful, if anyone can explain how the IRR rule is supposed to operate in these circumstances.

Finally, what happens tomorrow night at Edinburgh. I assume that both Hume and Jeppesen will not be fit and we already have a guest for King. I presume we are allowed two other guests plus r/r.

Firstly hope the injured ippo riders are okay , we know all too well how injuries can hamper your season 

Our boys just continue to amaze me , just shows how you need strength in depth we are covering injured riders, a young reserve on a learning curve and riders having off nights , there are fighting for every point , every match . There’s still a long way to go but I’m going to bloody enjoy this while we can ... a massive well done boys keep it going we right behind you :party:

• Like 3

I thought Workington were the better side and I was glad that Klindt had bike troubles early on if not we would have lost by a lot more. Sorry to say but changes are needed and more than one. 

• Like 2

When will the Ipswich promotion ever learn. With all the injuries we have had over the last few seasons they still go into a meeting using RR without a no. 8. How much does it cost to have a national league rider at the track as a no. 8. As you can only use riders with averages below the injured rider for IRR at least we would've had 2 riders in heat 14 tonight, it probably would still have been a 1-5 but at least we would've had 2 riders in it.

52 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Don’t want to dampen the praise being out on Kyle too much he’s good lad with potentially a big future ahead of him but his points tonight were all inherited via either falls or retirements - that being a good lesson in you’ve got to be in it to win it something young danyon could learn from!

generally Workington were poor in my opinion other than campton and Jensen and with all that went on should’ve won more comfortably but 3 away points and well done

when will the luck ever favour us witches!? Season after season blighted by injury going all the way back to career ending injuries of Chris Louis and mark loram!!

One thing Kyle does almost all of the time is stay on his bike. 

• Like 4

This may come across as sounding harsh, but it's honestly not meant to be.  I like Danyon as he is a tries hard, but  I really do hope he thinks about packing it in before he has one bad one too many. 

It looks to me like Danyon put too much pressure on himself at championship level and tries too hard. He should of just taken second instead of pushing for first as he was never going to retake Mason in heat 8. Perhaps a full season at national league level would be the way forward.

Sadly there’s only so many seasons you can say the boy has talent he’s just rather raw - doesn’t seem to learning and he causes a lot of his crashes which is danger to both him and the others around him, often resulting to significant injuries to him and others

perhaps a full season at national league would benefit - let’s face it he hasn’t managed to complete a full season without serious injury in the sport to date which is real shame, great kid and I hope he and Jonas are not too badly hurt from tonight’s crash but there’s every possibility again his and maybe Jonas’s seasons are over

a real shame we can’t slot drew kemp in his place but I really can’t see him being overlooked for next season when he will eligible and no way Connor or danyon anywhere ready to step up into the team

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

This may come across as sounding harsh, but it's honestly not meant to be.  I like Danyon as he is a tries hard, but  I really do hope he thinks about packing it in before he has one bad one too many. 

Would you have said that to Rory ? would you have said that to Adam Roynon even going back farther in time Nigel  Boocock.Injuries are a part of speedway that is really tough to take at times but we should all stick with Danyon he will get through and be stronger for it.It is great that he has Chris/  Richie  both ex riders who understand the game to support him hope Danyon has a speedy recovery.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Ritchie Hawkins says "It is very tough for Danyon and he is learning the tough way and there is only one way to go. He will come back stronger or it will beat him. "

hmmmm. Think Ritchie is confused as that's 2 ways he could go.....

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Would you have said that to Rory ? would you have said that to Adam Roynon even going back farther in time Nigel  Boocock.Injuries are a part of speedway that is really tough to take at times but we should all stick with Danyon he will get through and be stronger for it.It is great that he has Chris/  Richie  both ex riders who understand the game to support him hope Danyon has a speedy recovery.

Didn't really see Adam when younger, but there is a world of difference between the likes of Rory and Danyon, Rory is someone that's in  control of his bike, where it looks like with Danyon the bike is taking the lead and the rider is doing his best to hang on for dear life. It's harsh cos it's a tough sport with bikes that want to tear you apart, just some are clearly better than others at taming the beasts.

10 hours ago, JamesB said:

This is going to be a long one..........

Firstly, I really do have a lot of sympathy for Louis. He has clearly made a real effort over the last two seasons to try and put together a very competitive team only to be hit again and again by injuries. I know it's speedway and injuries happen but I am really struggling to remember anything like we have experienced over the past two seasons in my many years of watching speedway.

Secondly, Jeppesen - the lad clearly is a tryer and did look to have some speed when he finally got to the first bend but how can any speedway rider expect to be successful when they are that slow from the tapes, you can't give that type of head start to anyone who is semi decent? This also applies to Heeps. I have never ridden a speedway bike and I am happy to be told by those that have that I am talking out of my rear end, however, certainly in modern speedway the start is extremely important. I would guess that a quick start is all down to your reaction times. I accept that some people naturally have better reaction times than others but reaction times are something you can work on and improve through exercises. Do speedway riders do this? 

Thirdly, I am sure I read before the season started that IRR would come into effect this season even when a team was already operating r/r. If that's correct, how was it supposed to operate for Jeppesen tonight in H14? Of the riders below his average, Mountain was already in the heat and Hume had already withdrawn from the meeting. The rider with the average above him (Heeps) was already operating as r/r with Covatti able to take one of his rides, which he did. If r/r is operating for the average above the injured riders does that mean that only those with a lower average can take IRR rides or can any of the riders allowed to take the r/r rides also take the IRR rides? Grateful, if anyone can explain how the IRR rule is supposed to operate in these circumstances.

Finally, what happens tomorrow night at Edinburgh. I assume that both Hume and Jeppesen will not be fit and we already have a guest for King. I presume we are allowed two other guests plus r/r.

18.9 An INJURED RIDER REPLACEMENT (IRR)
Is a Facility that allows one certified injured rider’s (#1-#5) remaining programmed rides (including a ride in which he was unable to re-start but was not disqualified - FN) to be taken by other Team Members (including any Guest riders), and subject to:
18.9.1 The injured Rider not having completed 3 rides
18.9.2 Only one position per Team may be declared as IRR.
18.9.3 All riders with an MA below the Injured rider may take one IRR ride each. (NB. a reserve can
have more than one IRR)
18.9.4 IRR is not permitted in Heat 15.
18.9.5 A Nomination once made cannot be changed.