British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Champions Elect Comets 12/7 Championship

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Didn't really see Adam when younger, but there is a world of difference between the likes of Rory and Danyon, Rory is someone that's in  control of his bike, where it looks like with Danyon the bike is taking the lead and the rider is doing his best to hang on for dear life. It's harsh cos it's a tough sport with bikes that want to tear you apart, just some are clearly better than others at taming the beasts.

You make a good point and touch wood he will get there i really hope so anyway because he is a talented lad..Since i have been following speedway Sam Ermolenko( partnered. with Mike Lee) debut season  was the most dangerous rider i have ever seen and look how Sam turned out.Also Malc Holloway a stylish rider had endless crashes over his career but he was technically good so some crashes are unfortunate.Fingers crossed for Danyon but as you said he has to quickly learn from his experiences.

9 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

It looks to me like Danyon put too much pressure on himself at championship level and tries too hard. He should of just taken second instead of pushing for first as he was never going to retake Mason in heat 8. Perhaps a full season at national league level would be the way forward.

Must be honest I thought Hume would kick on this year and get back to his pre injury form from last year when he was flying but it’s clear he is struggling this year and further injuries don’t help.

We are suffering at reserve this year for a couple of reasons. Last season everyone had to have a 2pt reserve and we had three good ones in Connor Nathan and Danyon. They were beating their opposite numbers successfully 

this year due to teams like us Glasgow and Sheffield going for two number ones in the team it has forced the other teams to build strength in depth because all the heat leaders were signed up. This has put a lot of pressure on the reserves especially when Nico was struggling after coming back from injury and cams lack of form. 

We have been unlucky with injuries but we need to act quicker to replace injured riders with short term loans and to nominate a number 8   Saw Josh Bailey on the terraces   He would be perfect til drew is 16. 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 7:30 AM, jenga said:

did they build that overnight ?

Bollex , the second hand must sweep and not tick .. 

There is no Morrison's in Ipswich. The nearest one to  Ipswich is at Sproughton

22 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

We are suffering at reserve this year for a couple of reasons. Last season everyone had to have a 2pt reserve and we had three good ones in Connor Nathan and Danyon. They were beating their opposite numbers successfully 

this year due to teams like us Glasgow and Sheffield going for two number ones in the team it has forced the other teams to build strength in depth because all the heat leaders were signed up. This has put a lot of pressure on the reserves especially when Nico was struggling after coming back from injury and cams lack of form. 

We have been unlucky with injuries but we need to act quicker to replace injured riders with short term loans and to nominate a number 8   Saw Josh Bailey on the terraces   He would be perfect til drew is 16. 

Drew Kemp looks an outstanding prospect but to go straight in at Championship level now is a huge ask.If the league format next year changes and there are loads of two pointers yes that will be fine but as someone else has said the reserves are really  strong in the championship now.That is why i think Mountain/Hume are doing ok to average over three because it is a tough league.Drew really looks a great prospect and my hunch is he could cut it but it wont be easy.

52 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

There is no Morrison's in Ipswich. The nearest one to  Ipswich is at Sproughton

address comes back as 

IPSWICH , sproughton road . then again i dont suppose morrisons wold like the name sproughton . ipswich is far posher . , 

You would would have loved last night jenga being there.. Maybe I see you in a few weeks when we return the favour.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

address comes back as 

IPSWICH , sproughton road . then again i dont suppose morrisons wold like the name sproughton . ipswich is far posher . , 

Oi I'll have you know sproughton is a very desirable village, unlike the town of Ipswich 

Morrisons address is...

32A Boss Hall Rd, Ipswich IP1 5BN

So definitely Ipswich as it has an IP1 postcode.  

Sproughton would have an IP8 postcode...

:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Bash said:

When will the Ipswich promotion ever learn. With all the injuries we have had over the last few seasons they still go into a meeting using RR without a no. 8. How much does it cost to have a national league rider at the track as a no. 8. As you can only use riders with averages below the injured rider for IRR at least we would've had 2 riders in heat 14 tonight, it probably would still have been a 1-5 but at least we would've had 2 riders in it.

Looking at the regulations:

18.8.2 Where a Team uses the RR Facility, they may nominate an additional rider (AR), who is eligible to take any rides that could have normally been taken by the absent rider during the Meeting, provided that the nominated rider is another contracted Rider, but not included in an SGB Premiership or Championship League Team's currently declared 1-7 and whose MA does not exceed an SGB Premiership or Championship MA of 2.00.

That would suggest the the Number 8 can only take R/R rides so would not have been eligible for heat 14. 

• Like 1

Thanks for explaining that I thought a NL no.8 could be used like a reserve in such circumstances like last night. Still it would be better to have a no.8 named as what if the two riders had crashed out in their first rides.

1 hour ago, Bash said:

Thanks for explaining that I thought a NL no.8 could be used like a reserve in such circumstances like last night. Still it would be better to have a no.8 named as what if the two riders had crashed out in their first rides.

Not sure if a No. 8 can take IRR rides - I bet no-one has thought about that situation.

number 8 can only take r/r rides . so that should answer you question .