Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Champions Elect Comets 12/7 Championship

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

At the AGM it was said that Workington could not race on a Friday as 3 teams have chosen that day. They have now ridden 75% of matches on a Friday, Peterborough have sneaked in a few so now the use of guests for injured riders becomes an issue. The BSPA ask them to change a few meetings & all hell breaks loose.

Hmm.. 75% of matches ridden on a Friday???  Out of the 6 Home meetings this season, Workington have ridden only 2 at home on a Friday!

Anyway, the powers that be have stated there will be no more Friday night home meetings for them (Strangely enough though both Peterborough and Lakeside are now running this Friday but we aren't!)

Never mind though, after two home defeats and no points on the road so far, perhaps they may extend the end of season play-offs till 6 or 8 teams to give Scunthorpe a chance eh lol!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

So it should, because its nothing less than a bloody disgrace :angry:.

Workington had their fixtures and dates approved by the BSPA and they aren't being told to change 'a few' but all of them, regardless of the arrangements they and their riders have made and whether their stadium is available on other days. What makes it even worse is that the very promoters who are responsible for this action now will not co-operate and bring their teams to Derwent Park when asked, and the icing on the cake is that this is almost entirely at the behest of one promoter who agreed with it and then changed his mind when he couldn't get guests for injured riders.

An appalling example of just how badly speedway promotions are motivated entirely by self interest without any regard for the needs of others or the best interests of the sport as a whole.

He will want to come now his Star man is back this week!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

:rolleyes: hilarious post !! All Friday meetings agreed by the BSPA at beginning of the season , suddenly the wheels fall off for the big guns whose managers are on the board , low and behold , they can’t get guests so let’s stop teams from progressing and remove the fixtures , get your Scorpions goggles off  :icon_smile_clown: . Hey Karma’s a bitch though , did you see our 3 wins over the weekend , and one with 4 boys and young Kyle :party:

 

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

So it should, because its nothing less than a bloody disgrace :angry:.

Workington had their fixtures and dates approved by the BSPA and they aren't being told to change 'a few' but all of them, regardless of the arrangements they and their riders have made and whether their stadium is available on other days. What makes it even worse is that the very promoters who are responsible for this action now will not co-operate and bring their teams to Derwent Park when asked, and the icing on the cake is that this is almost entirely at the behest of one promoter who agreed with it and then changed his mind when he couldn't get guests for injured riders.

An appalling example of just how badly speedway promotions are motivated entirely by self interest without any regard for the needs of others or the best interests of the sport as a whole.

Fantastic sport 

 

1 hour ago, yellow and black said:

Hmm.. 75% of matches ridden on a Friday???  Out of the 6 Home meetings this season, Workington have ridden only 2 at home on a Friday!

Anyway, the powers that be have stated there will be no more Friday night home meetings for them (Strangely enough though both Peterborough and Lakeside are now running this Friday but we aren't!)

Never mind though, after two home defeats and no points on the road so far, perhaps they may extend the end of season play-offs till 6 or 8 teams to give Scunthorpe a chance eh lol!

Shouldn't this be on Worky thread.  Friday fixtures that were removed surely worth a separate thread? Why have all been reinstated except Workington? Of course if?.. all with conspiracy theories are right they can now be reinstated as someone's worralls are now over

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

At the AGM it was said that Workington could not race on a Friday as 3 teams have chosen that day. They have now ridden 75% of matches on a Friday, Peterborough have sneaked in a few so now the use of guests for injured riders becomes an issue. The BSPA ask them to change a few meetings & all hell breaks loose.

but the FACT that some people in the sport both fans and others incharge seam to forget is 

ALL THE DATES Workington have been asked to rearrange along with a couple of other teams were arranged and agreed before the season started 

if there was a problem it should have been sorted BEFORE THE OFFICAL FIXTURE LIST was agreed for all the teams in the league

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good  now no more guests are required on 27th July Workington v Ipswich can be put back in bspa fixtures as per both websites sorted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://ipswichwitches.co/preview-ipswich-v-workington-championship/

Hume Campton and Proctor all listed to ride so only 1 guest out of 14 after all :t:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

edited ```````` !  dangerous words .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

morrisons in ipswich doing a special deal on tissues and baby wipes . all you watches fans get down ther. its on offer just for today . worky supporters a buying tins of celebrations .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you still get 'tins' of chocolate oop north (stole that from Starman;))

In the modern south its all plastic containers now

The Massif have a huge pic n mix courtesy of mrbeerhut - youre welcome to come and dig in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He won't be there taps, only real supporters follow their team home and away :D

 

Even if he did turn up, he wouldn't be allowed in anyway, not with him having an opinion and all that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jenga said:

morrisons in ipswich doing a special deal on tissues and baby wipes . all you watches fans get down ther. its on offer just for today . worky supporters a buying tins of celebrations .

There is no Morrison's in Ipswich You did not qualify what watches as I have a Rollex but some people think it is not genuine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

That’s a £1 off so far.

Should be 2 or 3 already but Id settle for the 1 at the moment!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mickthemuppet said:

There is no Morrison's in Ipswich You did not qualify what watches as I have a Rollex but some people think it is not genuine. 

I'm sure it's a genuine Rollex!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy