British Speedway Forum

Has anyone seen the new Speedway Magazine that's just come out called Backtrack ? Got the first issue at Sheffield last week and it's absolutely superb.First issue is only £1 but i don't know what it costs from issue 2 on.It's the same size as Speedway Star, 40 glossy pages,all black and white.Some really interesting stuff in the first issue.Penhall interview,Wembley World Final 81,Ipswich team 1975,Hull at the Boulevard,Les Owen,Cyril Maidment,Craig Pendlebury, Romford Bombers,Brian Collins,Howard Cole,Hackney Hawks,Sunderland,John Langfield,CVS.There's a website but i haven't checked it out yet www.retro-speedway.com If anyones interested i can give the address for subscriptions or if you just want the first issue to judge it yourself.You won't be disappointed,and no i don't have anything to do with anyone connected with the publication,lol.Things like this deserve our full support.

3 Quid every 2 months is well worth it,I'll be gettin it,to all who havnt read it ,get it now.

This mag was a cracking read, I will definately be getting the next issue, even passed it onto my Dad to read. ;)

Give the address then.Do they mention a price for overseas subscriptions?

BACKTRACK, Unit 4

Aston Gate

Ashton Road

Harold Hill

Romford

Essex

RM3 8UF

Tel. 01708 379079

Email editorial@retro-speedway.com

Website www.retro-speedway.com

Subscriptions ( 6 issues)

UK £16

Europe (airmail) £22

Rest of world (airmail) £30

Credit card hotline number 01708 379 079

A bloody good read for those of a certain age.

And no I'm not on commission :(

BACKTRACK, Unit 4

Aston Gate

Ashton Road

Harold Hill

Romford

Essex

RM3 8UF

Tel. 01708 379079

Email editorial@retro-speedway.com

Website www.retro-speedway.com

Subscriptions ( 6 issues)

UK £16

Europe (airmail) £22

Rest of world (airmail) £30

Credit card hotline number 01708 379 079

A bloody good read for those of a certain age.

And no I'm not on commission :(

Know exactly what you mean when you say for those of a certain age, I got quite nostalgic after reading it.

Does anybody know when the next edition will be out.

Issue 2 is being completed this week and will be out, on sale early part of next week.

Some of the highlights to look forward to...

Kenny Carter is the 'main man' this time, with an exclusive new interview with former Halifax and Bradford promoter Eric Boothroyd, who knew Carter better than anyone outside the immediate family.

Eric has some very fascinating views on his former No.1.

There will also be an exclusive new interview with Ronnie Moore, one with referee Frank Ebdon, plus features on Terry Betts and Exeter's coup in signing Ivan Mauger in 1973 and we're asking if the 1973 KO Cup match race decider between PC and Mich was the greatest ever race to be seen at Hyde Road?

Plus...

Middlesbrough, Rob Grant (Berwick), Newcastle, Vic Harding, Colin Caffrey, Arena Essex, Coventry v Cradley Heath is the 'Happiness is 40-38' match from 1983, review of the 1985 World Team Cup final from Long Beach.

And there's more...

Tony Mac

I can't wait the memories are flooding back already.

Excellent, subscribed yesterday and got Editions 1 & 2 this morning, the memories came flooding back, blimey Middlo you didn't half look young back then :wink:

If you haven't already subscribed and were a lover of speedway back in the 70's/80's it's a must, will have to hide my copies although I did say that my Dad would enjoy reading them and could borrow them tough!.............. he can buy his own I'm not parting with mine! :approve:

Well done to the production team can't wait for the next issue xx :approve:

Who are the two READING riders in the photo gallery on BACKTRACKS HOME PAGE,first one not sure if it is davis 2nd ollson ?.Are there any plans to sell photos of riders from the 70s on backtrack.

Guest Steve Dixon

Where you mean? magazine or web page?