British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Panthers v Scunthorpe 13th July 2018

thats a shame . always liked him  when he rode for worky. a trier all the way . get well soon mr oystercard . pity we wont see you @ workington for the league meeting . recover well marra !

signed ... a fan from a distance  .

Get on the phone to Richie Worrall to replace Ostergaard 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Not a bad idea - 28 day loan like Lambo is doing for the Stars to cover an injured rider. 

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

I see what you done there, but they all had 5 or 6 rides compared to Ulrich's 3. Worrall only scored 6 the same as Ulrich

Sorry my bad, I did not realise you were not including Ulrich’s 4th ride or Worrall’s 2 bonus points.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:59 AM, brylcream boy said:

Steve Worrell, Aaron Summers, Jake Allen and Josh Auty.

Allen terrible guest. As I said rider replacement would have been much the better option.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, Flappy said:

Sadly for Peterborough that ship sailed to Edinburgh.

HINDSIGHT is wonderful!!:nono:

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

HINDSIGHT is wonderful!!:nono:

Is that aimed at me?

Allen last year in the Fours 5 from 2, in the league 10 + 1 from 5

On Friday 12 + 2 from 6

That is why Carl asked him to be a guest than using r/r. Do you know different to Carl why r/r was a better option?

Riders can have bad meetings at any point, it was a good choice but he had a mare, these things happen. We got 3 points and Sheffield got nothing, what’s the issue?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Riders can have bad meetings at any point, it was a good choice but he had a mare, these things happen. We got 3 points and Sheffield got nothing, what’s the issue?

lets move on as there is little millage on the subject.   I am more interested in how we deal without Ostergaard   with the vital meetings home and away coming up , what's gone is history . Panthers need to plan out there remaining seven matches to try and maximise any potential points we can glean away from home as well as winning our 2 remaining home matches.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Allen last year in the Fours 5 from 2, in the league 10 + 1 from 5

On Friday 12 + 2 from 6

That is why Carl asked him to be a guest than using r/r. Do you know different to Carl why r/r was a better option?

Yes I obviously do because it was plainly obvious MPT/BWD/Nicholls + 1 other would score more at home than a guest. 

I don't think you understand the meaning of hindsight?  I said before any guest was announced that r/r at home would yield more points than a guest and I suspect I was right because Allen was garbage, although we'll never know for sure.

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Yes I obviously do because it was plainly obvious MPT/BWD/Nicholls + 1 other would score more at home than a guest. 

I don't think you understand the meaning of hindsight?  I said before any guest was announced that r/r at home would yield more points than a guest and I suspect I was right because Allen was garbage, although we'll never know for sure.

The basic problem with running RR on a regular basis is losing another of your big hitters early in a match which generally stuffs you.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

The basic problem with running RR on a regular basis is losing another of your big hitters early in a match which generally stuffs you.

Both opinions are valid but 7 is always a better starting point than 6, especially against strong opposition, so I'd tend to go with your view. It's also added pressure for those filling the rides so not the best option if another is available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

But Allen scored well on Friday & beat MPT & BWD. He did, also, get beat a few times.