British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Berwick v Scunthorpe

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

7 wins each from 14 heats but it's the minor places that count. Berwick 2 lasts Scunthorpe 12 lasts

That and Scunthorpe were not much more than a three man team, though guest Covatti did splutter into life in Ht12, Gino Manzaries was an embarrassment. Hopefully Danny Phillips will be back very soon after his crash and withdrawal.  

I've known us get 36 points with a full team in years gone by so to get that with 3 riders one could say we are progressing as a club... :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, montie said:

I've known us get 36 points with a full team in years gone by so to get that with 3 riders one could say we are progressing as a club... :t:

Not like Worky beat us last week ahahaha you had 6 riders, 5 was your own, only 3 turned up

After last weeks loss at hom to Workington a win was important . This was  much more comfortable win than I had expected to be honest, The Scorpions chances not helped by an awful performance from Nico Covatti , probably the worst showing from a guest as I've seen in a long time , poor return at reserve didn't help too l hope its nothing too serious for Danny Phillips looked like a fairly heafty impact . Josh Auty gave 100% as usual and is always good to watch at Berwick, looks like Stevie Worrall going to need a few more meetings until he gets back to 100% fitness .

Everyone in The Bandits line up picked up at least a paid win and only 2 last places helped the cause good to see Aaron looking fast . The  Tigers next up at Shielfield which I'm sure will be a much harder proposition especially with their new  line up . 

Edited by DSC67

Well that was a very easy in as predicted good to see everybody scoring plenty points,makes you wonder how they couldn't gate like that last week.Auty was the most determined of the visitors and it paid of with some superb moves,Allen looks classy and i think by the time Stevie gets properly fit the season will be finishing onwards and upwards looking forward to the Glasgow meeting in a fortnight.

13 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

After last weeks loss at hom to Workington a win was important . This was  much more comfortable win than I had expected to be honest, The Scorpions chances not helped by an awful performance from Nico Covatti , probably the worst showing from a guest as I've seen in a long time , poor return at reserve didn't help too l hope its nothing too serious for Danny Phillips looked like a fairly heafty impact . Josh Auty gave 100% as usual and is always good to watch at Berwick, looks like Stevie Worrall going to need a few more meetings until he gets back to 100% fitness .

Everyone in The Bandits line up picked up at least a paid win and only 2 last places helped the cause good to see Aaron looking fast . The  Tigers next up at Shielfield which I'm sure will be a much harder proposition especially with their new  line up . 

No Cook though and I don’t think the 10.40 to play with for a guest will make up for his easy 15/18 max he would of got. GP Challenge that night

10 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

No Cook though and I don’t think the 10.40 to play with for a guest will make up for his easy 15/18 max he would of got. GP Challenge that night

I didn't realise the GP challenge was that night , Ricky Wells if he's available would be a good choice 

5 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

I didn't realise the GP challenge was that night , Ricky Wells if he's available would be a good choice 

Yeah Wells probably the only rider on par in this league around Shielfield as Cook 

On 7/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, Bandit59 said:

Well that was a very easy in as predicted good to see everybody scoring plenty points,makes you wonder how they couldn't gate like that last week.Auty was the most determined of the visitors and it paid of with some superb moves,Allen looks classy and i think by the time Stevie gets properly fit the season will be finishing onwards and upwards looking forward to the Glasgow meeting in a fortnight.

Were we gating well, or Scunny gating badly.  The meeting for me, apart from Auty,   TEAR GAS

Definately not going next week

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Were we gating well, or Scunny gating badly.  The meeting for me, apart from Auty,   TEAR GAS

Aye.... most will be in Cardiff anyways so an empty stadium would be expected :lol: :wink: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Might even be locked out :lol: :t:

5 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

At this rate I am going to be on my own-some.:(

5 minutes ago, screm said:

At this rate I am going to be on my own-some.:(

Nah! Consessions  Col got his Bank Loan he will be there I reckon:P

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nah! Consessions  Col got his Bank Loan he will be there I reckon:P

always behind the lads mmmmmmmtasty

• Thanks 1