British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Berwick v Scunthorpe

Is this meeting definitely on regardless of whether England are in the 3rd place play off?

Meeting was on Saturday past despite England playing Sweden. If England were to play on Saturday it is a 3pm kickoff. Scunthorpe have announced that they are at Peterborough Friday, Berwick Saturday but meeting at Newcastle is postponed on Sunday. 

I believe this may have been misheard at Scunthorpe as someone told me about the Saturday and not the Sunday! Glad it is going ahead Saturday, Scunny have the return of Stevie Worrall to look forward to, should be a good meeting!

Think scunny could nick a point here, would love to go to this meeting, a track I've never been to

12 hours ago, eric i said:

Is this meeting definitely on regardless of whether England are in the 3rd place play off?

Why would they be playing for 3rd place thought they had won it:D

• Like 1

From what I heard, Eric on Sunday, was that Newcastle, a traditional football city, have postpone the Sunday meeting. The Berwick meeting might be postponed, depending on the result of England on Wednesday. I would think that this has been agreed by both Berwick & Scunthorpe's promotions & not by the BSPA Police Enforcement Officer.:t:

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

From what I heard, Eric on Sunday, was that Newcastle, a traditional football city, have postpone the Sunday meeting. The Berwick meeting might be postponed, depending on the result of England on Wednesday. I would think that this has been agreed by both Berwick & Scunthorpe's promotions & not by the BSPA Police Enforcement Officer.:t:

It wasn't football that was the issue, in regards to the Berwick meeting.  From what I've heard (i.e. from the Scunthorpe end), it's all systems go for Saturday.

Probably just do what they did last week and have people in the town centre trying to attract extra support  by handing out flyers. 

13 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Probably just do what they did last week and have people in the town centre trying to attract extra support  by handing out flyers. 

Blo*dy hope not, the town center emptied between 2.00 & 3.00 like a  wet Wednesday in January.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

It wasn't football that was the issue, in regards to the Berwick meeting.  From what I've heard (i.e. from the Scunthorpe end), it's all systems go for Saturday.

Ok. we just heard that Newcastle was deffo off & Berwick might be as I have been up there before. A few of us said we would be going to Peterborough. Great news on Stevie as I was hoping he would be back for this weekend as we missed him in the 1st encounter at Newcastle. Just hope for our biggest loss (Nielsen) to have his cast off early & be ready for Glasgow.

7 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Ok. we just heard that Newcastle was deffo off & Berwick might be as I have been up there before. A few of us said we would be going to Peterborough. Great news on Stevie as I was hoping he would be back for this weekend as we missed him in the 1st encounter at Newcastle. Just hope for our biggest loss (Nielsen) to have his cast off early & be ready for Glasgow.

Berwick website still advertising it as on 

From the Bandits' facebook page 15 minutes ago

NEVER IN DOUBT!

We’ve been made aware that rumours may have circulated possibly suggesting that this weekend’s match vs the Scunthorpe Scorpions could be in doubt due to the football but we want to make it very clear that we will be in action Live at Shielfield Park Stadium on Saturday the 14th of July at 7pm!

#BacktheBandits

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Think scunny could nick a point here, would love to go to this meeting, a track I've never been to

If Scunthorpe have any ambitions of making the play offs they need to be looking for a win this Saturday, Berwick currently above them in the league but catchable IMO.

Theo Pijper drawn at No12 for this Sundays Longtrack GP at Roden, Holland. Any word yet as to if he will be at Berwick this Saturday.