British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Berwick v Scunthorpe

It wasn't the most enjoyable meetings on Saturday, by any means.  If Josh Auty had not been there, it would have been 15 processions.  Then again, it is the height of summer, without any rainfall, and track prep is currently a nightmare. 

I wish Scott and Jamie Courtney all the best, and it was good to be them doing something to entertain the crowd (the kids, in particular) with the interval attraction.

• Like 2

The trouble is Speedway is a summer sport and any rainfall would also be a nightmare .Catch 22.(we do have covers though)

15 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

It wasn't the most enjoyable meetings on Saturday, by any means.  If Josh Auty had not been there, it would have been 15 processions.  Then again, it is the height of summer, without any rainfall, and track prep is currently a nightmare. 

I wish Scott and Jamie Courtney all the best, and it was good to be them doing something to entertain the crowd (the kids, in particular) with the interval attraction.

Its the actual meeting we need to be entertained, it doesn't make the main entertainment better :angry:

12 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Its the actual meeting we need to be entertained, it doesn't make the main entertainment better :angry:

Quite right most people beside me were just saying it was wasting time not the biggest crowd never a lot of people waiting for a burger 

11 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite right most people beside me were just saying it was wasting time not the biggest crowd never a lot of people waiting for a burger 

the week against Worky, no queue  at the burger bar, same last week.  Was told the crowd against Scunny was bigger than the Worky meeting, so that week must have been bad.  Take the kids out last week pushing 400

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

the week against Worky, no queue  at the burger bar, same last week.  Was told the crowd against Scunny was bigger than the Worky meeting, so that week must have been bad.  Take the kids out last week pushing 400

If you think that poor you should have been at Derwent on a recent Friday mate  Its all over the country friend

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 8:58 PM, Bandit59 said:

maybe we've negotiated a link-up with Weight Watchers?

9 hours ago, George Dodds said:

maybe we've negotiated a link-up with Weight Watchers?

Maybe they were after a diet coke