British Speedway Forum
TonyE

Lakeside v Sheffield 13 July

The fact that this is the Hammers sole home meeting in July speaks volumes for the state of modern speedway in UK.

The Hammers will be back to tracking our full 1 to 7 and, hopefully, an entertaining meeting will ensue.

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 2

Expect a big home win.If howarth is fit I hope he's had a spin at Wolves last night and doesn't let us down like last time when he came back too soon.

One home meeting in a month, when we are enjoying our best summer since 1976 says it all really. If people won't come when the sun shines, they never will.

• Like 3

The fixtures really need to be changed for next year, cause this year it's rubbish (restraining myself here!) for all teams!  Can't believe meetings aren't happening each week across the Championship.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hel'n'Back said:

The fixtures really need to be changed for next year, cause this year it's rubbish (restraining myself here!) for all teams!  Can't believe meetings aren't happening each week across the Championship.

It’s killing the sport and clubs ... we’ve had 2 home league meetings and its middle of July ! 

• Like 2

Absolutely, changes need to be made next year, or collapse of Championship Speedway... God knows why we had to change the name to be in line with football, cause I don't understand it  and it should be Premier League Speedway in our league...

19 hours ago, cityrebel said:

One home meeting in a month, when we are enjoying our best summer since 1976 says it all really. If people won't come when the sun shines, they never will.

Absolutely appalling. Our home season finishes on 23 August (it finished on 23 OCTOBER in 2017), whereas Workington's home season only got started on 23 June and they've only had 2 home meetings so far. Perhaps the promoters are thinking that if they just phase it out slowly we'll not notice. 

• Like 1

Going to lakeside with 6 riders and fitness doubts over Kyle I think will definitely be too much for our lads unless Broc can get a big score to back up top two ?

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Absolutely appalling. Our home season finishes on 23 August (it finished on 23 OCTOBER in 2017), whereas Workington's home season only got started on 23 June and they've only had 2 home meetings so far. Perhaps the promoters are thinking that if they just phase it out slowly we'll not notice. 

Less is more is the new motto for British speedway.

LAKESIDE: Nick Morris, Zach Wajtknecht, Adam Ellis, Kyle Newman, Richard Lawson, Ben Morley, Alfie Bowtell.

SHEFFIELD: Kyle Howarth, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre R/R, Broc Nicol, Charles Wright, Georgie Wood, James Shanes.

There is a weather warning for tomorrow, wouldn't it just be typical after not having a home meeting for two weeks and not having another meeting for two more weeks after tomorrow.

If this meeting runs then i honestly cannot see Sheffield getting much from this (Pains me to say that) but just my thoughts.

UTT