British Speedway Forum
TonyE

Lakeside v Sheffield 13 July

Anyone know why we running RR for Lasse when there is already doubts over Kyle ?

We will be having a 8pt plus rider being replaced by a 5.51 and 5.20 rider on a track where there reserve averages 5.50.. 

I can only see a massive loss im afraid.

With regards fixtures totally agree about the horrific stop start, last season i saw over 25 speedway meetings, This year will struggle to make 10.

Edited by psycho3a

Depending on kyles fitness I think it could be 58-32 anything more will be a bonus.Lakeside are good home side and our away form has been poor and that's been on our favoured bigger tracks !!!  Lack of meetings has been a disaster this season.We should have started the league straight away,two home two away then ran ko cup late on.We have been sacrificed for the premier league once again and they are still using loads of guests and r/r for missing riders.Their league should have been one home one away and they might have encouraged gp riders if they hadn't had the stupid one 8 point rider !!!!!

This should be a big home win. Kyle's first meeting back,  Lasse out for 9 days after is crash last week with concussion. Broc never seen the track before. I just hope we can put on a decent showing. 35+ will be a good effort. But maybe the Tigers will surprise me. Utt.

18 hours ago, marko said:

There is a weather warning for tomorrow, wouldn't it just be typical after not having a home meeting for two weeks and not having another meeting for two more weeks after tomorrow.

Nothing in the forecast to cause any concern.

My first meeting of the season tonight. Looking forward to this, hope the opposition put up a good fight and there is some good close racing that excites my 7 year old son as much as it did me when I first started going 30 odd years ago!  Sun is shining bright 10 miles from the reaceway. 

Looking forward to seeing how Nick goes around our trick track!  

Not a bad result for the Tigers, i think it's the best score for an away team at Lakeside this season. Broc looks to be a great find, give him a couple of seasons and he could be anything. He needs to stay away from the injuries though. utt

• Like 1

A very enjoyable meeting with lots of good races. Much credit must go to Sheffield who gave a real battling performance. The two 5-1s in heats 13 and 15 made the score look a lot more comfortable than it ever felt. Fortunately for the Hammers, Lawson and Morris were superb, and it's that spearhead that may make the difference for us when the trophies are handed out.

• Like 4

Well done to Sheffield. By far the best visiting side this season.  If only more teams showed that kind of spirit. Charles Wright was not quite at the races but all the rest rode really well, even if at times for little reward points wise.  Its almost unfair to pick one out for special mention but Broc Nicol blew a hole in the myth that lakeside is a trick track. Seeing it for the first time he just went out  an did the business as if he was a home rider. I spoke to him afterwards, he is a really nice bloke. James Shanes too, what a talent. There are some clubs around that would take him as a heat leader, I am sure. Up to heat 13 the Tigers had a fair chance of getting at least appoint but after a cracking couple of laps between Howarth and Lawson  the Lakeside man sealed the deal and heat 15 was plain sailing.

For Lakeside some silly mistakes in some quarters threw away points, but Lawson and Morris were outstanding with the dependable Morley and Newman winning some key races to   see Lakeside safely home. 

Nice night out .

• Like 1

Full credit to Sheffield they put up a good fight and was by far the best visiting team this year. Can’t say I enjoyed the racing that much it seemed anyone that moved off the white line went backwards. Morris and Lawson were superb and needed to be after a rare night off for Ellis but I don’t the track suited him at all. It was also interesting to hear Cook’s thoughts on the BSPA and the current state of the sport, well what he could say as he did mention he wouldn’t be able to afford the fines if he said everything he wanted.

Good battling performance from our lads shame we couldn't have a guest for Lasse that might have made a difference. Good to see Broc top score,since he signed he's shown good quality,let's hope it continues. On to Peterborough now where it's getting to be must win time or forget the play offs.

well done the lads on what is usually a bit of a tricky track.could have been more if charles didn't have a very rare off night.nice to see kyle back and the injury looks as though its holding up well.another great score for broc on a track he has never seen, what a find he is turning out to be.well done todd,another solid contribution also the same for james and a much improved away performance from georgie.well done the tigers.congrats to lakeside and the 2 top guns and looks like they are in with a shout for the title.

Agree with all comments. Enjoyable and close meeting, track was very slick but understandable with how much it would have been baked during the day. Not the usual racing, not any chance of a pass around the outside unfortunately. 

A dozen Sheffield fans made the trip and were vocal on bends 1/2, fair play to them. 

Broc Nicol looks good. Charles Wright unlucky with his bike breaking down in one heat and touching the tapes on another, a night to forget. Georgie wood unlucky not to get more than 3 rides, he looked good with 2 second places and a lot better than his 2 point average suggests.

Good to have Kyle back. Morris a class above and never troubled, as with Lawson. Night to forget for Adam. Alfie rode better than his zero points suggest, he will come good I’m sure, there is something about the boy. Ben got a good return. 

Jon Cook sounding very unhappy at the BSPA