British Speedway Forum

On 7/18/2018 at 6:39 PM, Gazc said:

Attendances are down this year and some of the points you raise will be a factor, as will going three weeks without meetings whoever thought that idea up has hammered another nail in the coffin of this ailing sport.

People were also leaving early due to the length of time a meeting was taking to complete, and also the Edinburgh fiasco in the cup really soured the taste of a few were you couldn't see the nose in front of you for dust.

All factors in the drop in numbers.

That Edinburgh meeting was a sickener and did more damage than anything, all the points above plus being beaten by a 4 man team, off the back of an absolute pumping by Workington two weeks previous to it. The bubble well and truely burst as the reality of our team hit home for some. For others like me these results were only a matter of time as the cracks were too wide for the proverbial paper.

However we still have a great stadium and facilities just missing regular weekly meetings and making better choices in selecting riders. Unfortunately we are only in control of one of those.

• Like 1

I don't have any issue with Cook riding in the GPs, good luck to him, any professional rider should have the opportunity to qualify for and compete at the highest level.  Not keen on a few too many permanent wild cards IMO.  Adding up the points and counting the pennies at the end of the year will be the deciding factor of continuing or not....

Well done! He said he could and that he would and he went out and did it! Prove that he can win races in the GP.

That would of done him the world of good.. Well done Cookie.

:party: that’s the Cookie I know and love. Watching Craig in full flight is a sight to behold. We took in the Scunthorpe meeting too and it was so good to see the smile back. So great to see!!! Very happy for him :cheers:

• Like 4

Was envious of the monarch fans when Cookie was in their team, he is amazing to watch in full flight, he also shows great passion for whatever team he rides for. , I hope Cookie's presence will rejuvenate bomber and give the team a much needed lift, whether we make the play offs remain to be seen , we may have left it too late, I sure will enjoy watching Cookie in full flow for the rest of the season.

Edited by dorothy58
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 1:12 PM, dorothy58 said:

Was envious of the monarch fans when Cookie was in their team, he is amazing to watch in full flight, he also shows great passion for whatever team he rides for. , I hope Cookie's presence will rejuvenate bomber and give the team a much needed lift, whether we make the play offs remain to be seen , we may have left it too late, I sure will enjoy watching Cookie in full flow for the rest of the season.

i watched the vid of chris harris being interviewed @ the tigers den !the only thing that stood out in his interview was his rather large tummy. now that cant be helping his season , can it `?

i recon a crash diet and a few workouts will help him on his way . yes , i understand all the comfort eating thingy . but you cant be an athlete and be a member of the pie gang , can you?

could it be the air bag has not deflated . but at the end of the day, i like bomber , just a bit hard to understand at times .

16 hours ago, jenga said:

i watched the vid of chris harris being interviewed @ the tigers den !the only thing that stood out in his interview was his rather large tummy. now that cant be helping his season , can it `?

i recon a crash diet and a few workouts will help him on his way . yes , i understand all the comfort eating thingy . but you cant be an athlete and be a member of the pie gang , can you?

could it be the air bag has not deflated . but at the end of the day, i like bomber , just a bit hard to understand at times .

worked ok for joe screen 

13 hours ago, scaramanga said:

worked ok for joe screen 

...and Ray Harris of Stoke fame.