NO WORD FROM THE BSPA

2 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

And the Kinks : )

Close!....Ray Davies! :party:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ray Stadia said:

Close!....Ray Davies! :party:

Pay attention lad, keep up.

"The Kinks are an English rock band formed in Muswell Hill, North London, in 1964 by brothers Ray and Dave Davies. They are regarded as one of the most important and influential rock bands of the 1960s."

• Like 1

Just now, Byker Biker said:

"The Kinks are an English rock band formed in Muswell Hill, North London, in 1964 by brothers Ray and Dave Davies. They are regarded as one of the most important and influential rock bands of the 1960s."

Sorry! I suddenly thought that maybe his brother is David and just checked, yes! Many apologies BB! :blush:

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Swindon promoter Terry Russell makes some really good points in SS this week, especially about CL tracks living off the backs of PL ones.

I am not someone who thinks that TR is the antichrist or has swindled money out of the sport as other seem to do. Quite the reverse i would say.

But his comments in the Star this week just made him sound like a bit of a pillock tbh. 

The BSPA voted for fixed nights and in the end after switching around made Monday and Wednesday the nights that the PL would have all to themselves. Withthe Cl getting priority on Thursday onwards.

It was Swindon who got their wish to stick with SOME Thursdays in the full knowledge that matches that night would not get priority over CL.

And now the daft bugger moans about that exact thing happening.

I despair.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Never mind it being the end of speedway... what about the Speedway Star? I have every copy, you know?

WELL done sir. Keep it up and so will we:t:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Conversely, I find reprehensible Russell's comments a total embarassment that typify why I'm currently so ashamed to have wasted so much of my life on this sport.

It's the 'us and them' mentality that has brought the sport in this country to the brink of despair.

'If they think they're going to get away with it, they're not'.  I mean, what sort of quote is that to be coming out with?  

SO, you think it okay that he pays all the costs of Nick Morris and another track gets him for nothing. It is like buying a car and then someone else drives it without paying anything.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

AND about to reform I believe after the brothers fell out years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SO, you think it okay that he pays all the costs of Nick Morris and another track gets him for nothing. It is like buying a car and then someone else drives it without paying anything.

But the rules that set that in train have been created by the institution of which he is a member - and has been Chairman and President of - and has a vote in all decisions. 

It's just idiotic of him to complain about such simple consequences of where he, as  much as anyone, has taken the sport.

17 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Up there with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones. Ray Davies is a wordsmith of great repute who deserves almost ( but not quite ) as much admiration as Bob Dylan for lyrics. Just listen to the poetry in the choral version of Waterloo Sunset. It's on my Desert Island Discs list.

10 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I am not someone who thinks that TR is the antichrist or has swindled money out of the sport as other seem to do. Quite the reverse i would say.

But his comments in the Star this week just made him sound like a bit of a pillock tbh. 

The BSPA voted for fixed nights and in the end after switching around made Monday and Wednesday the nights that the PL would have all to themselves. Withthe Cl getting priority on Thursday onwards.

It was Swindon who got their wish to stick with SOME Thursdays in the full knowledge that matches that night would not get priority over CL.

I despair.

I wonder if people at the BSPA got confused and the message really was Premiership racing on any night except Monday or Wednesday

• Like 1

I’m sure the meeting will have been a head count for who expects to be back for next season.

Who is losing money,how much and what do you owe. If you are in the what’s it like Rye House then you will be kindly asked to leave the room!

14 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I didn't comment on Lakeside's apparent 'free' use of Nick Morris, I was more concerned with his vow to make life difficult for everyone around him as a response to perceived injustices.  It's unprofessional, counter productive and solves nothing, as well as making him sound like an idiot.

He's moaning about laying in bed that he was at least partly responsible for making.

My club and stadium (Coventry) is on the recently deceased list, so I'm losing interest in the sport hourly to be fair.  I happen to think that Coventry's demise is a massive factor in all this coming to a head.  The day British Speedway's heart stopped beating.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I despair.

I think the frustration he has is that Swindon were outvoted and the FRN went from Thursday to Wednesday, to suit Ipswich & Sheffield.

8 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I didn't comment on Lakeside's apparent 'free' use of Nick Morris, I was more concerned with his vow to make life difficult for everyone around him as a response to perceived injustices.  It's unprofessional, counter productive and solves nothing, as well as making him sound like an idiot.

He's moaning about laying in bed that he was at least partly responsible for making.

My club and stadium (Coventry) is on the recently deceased list, so I'm losing interest in the sport hourly to be fair.  I happen to think that Coventry's demise is a massive factor in all this coming to a head.  The day British Speedway's heart stopped beating.

IT is often stated that1500 fans were lost when Coventry closed. I can say that Speedway Star's sales took a huge hit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Wembley, west ham, white city & Wimbledon. My speedway heart has stopped beating a few times, but I'm still here, just about hanging on.