British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

NO WORD FROM THE BSPA

55 minutes ago, CB252 said:

Conversely, I find reprehensible Russell's comments a total embarassment that typify why I'm currently so ashamed to have wasted so much of my life on this sport.

It's the 'us and them' mentality that has brought the sport in this country to the brink of despair.

'If they think they're going to get away with it, they're not'.  I mean, what sort of quote is that to be coming out with?  

There is always going to be a them and us mentality of sorts. Rightly or wrongly, the more 'professional' of Clubs (best of a bad bunch maybe) are growing tired of constantly having to come down to the lowest denominator when it is doing nothing for their business or the Sport in UK. As a Swindon fan, I want to see a decent standard, but I understand that may not be possible financially throughout the league.

Unfortunately there are not enough Clubs run too well and those Clubs who would rather grow their business than keep coming down a level need others to race against. There isn't going to be a universally popular route forward.

30 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I am not someone who thinks that TR is the antichrist or has swindled money out of the sport as other seem to do. Quite the reverse i would say.

But his comments in the Star this week just made him sound like a bit of a pillock tbh. 

The BSPA voted for fixed nights and in the end after switching around made Monday and Wednesday the nights that the PL would have all to themselves. Withthe Cl getting priority on Thursday onwards.

It was Swindon who got their wish to stick with SOME Thursdays in the full knowledge that matches that night would not get priority over CL.

And now the daft bugger moans about that exact thing happening.

I despair.

Swindon were given full protection and priority over Championship to be able to run 50% of their league meetings on a Thursday.

16 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

But the rules that set that in train have been created by the institution of which he is a member - and has been Chairman and President of - and has a vote in all decisions. 

It's just idiotic of him to complain about such simple consequences of where he, as  much as anyone, has taken the sport.

He's not a member, hasn't been for almost 10 years apparently

Edited by Reliant Robin

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think the frustration he has is that Swindon were outvoted and the FRN went from Thursday to Wednesday, to suit Ipswich & Sheffield.

Oh i agree and fully understand that his comments may be born of frustration.

But complaining about the absurdity of the loan/asset system in speedway especially with doubling up/down; and the added 2018 complications of fixed nights and the adddedThursday/Wednesday split is a bit rich coming from him.

From a new promoter, green around the gills and without a GC vote. Yes I would sympathise at his frustration.

But from one of the longest standing promoters whose fingerprints are still visible across the whole sport. No he can button it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reliant Robin said:

He's not a member, hasn't been for almost 10 years apparently

Pedantry is alive and well.

I am sure his tracks interests hve not gone unrerpresented.

But even worse ... That he would bleat in public now if he has chosen to NOT remain a voice of influence in the GC with a vote of his own.

More fool him.

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

But even worse ... That he would bleat in public now if he has chosen to NOT remain a voice of influence in the GC with a vote of his own.

More fool him.

BSF, where facts are classed as pedantry. Mighty high horse.

20 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

More fool him.

HE'S got Rosco ...

• Haha 1

Speedway needs someone with a bit of cash, offer a breakaway series with an independent governing body, all with the FIM/ACU approval and the SCB/BSPA can do f-all about it.

The FIM/ACU must surely be able to see the the SCB/BSPA is one and the same and not fit for purpose and be disbanded. 

The ACU and FIM should really now get involved in the shambles that is British Speedway. 

A man with knowledge of the sport and is now independant of all clubs is Jonathan Chapman. 

Jonathan, the sport needs you and with a number of new promotions out there already not getting a vote at the BSPA would surely get your backing.

Glasgow, Belle Vue, Rye House, Redcar, Sheffield and Leicester have shrewd, forward thinking people behind them. If you, Jonathan Chapman really do have some ideas that can bring the sport and their businesses into the 21st Century and give the punters something to support, now's the time to undercut the SCB/ BSPA before the time is to late for all of us

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF they deem to tell us which is far from a given

Does the mainstream media wait for official releases from the government, or even from major sporting bodies for that matter? Leaked information gets published all the time because they have relationships with insiders. 

Not one of the Star journalists has any connection with anyone close to a promotion?

8 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Does the mainstream media wait for official releases from the government, or even from major sporting bodies for that matter? Leaked information gets published all the time because they have relationships with insiders. 

Not one of the Star journalists has any connection with anyone close to a promotion?

YES we do, plenty in fact. Trust you not to miss an opportunity to have a dig at SS and its journalists. But then, of course, as in all things you know best. What a life you lead.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YES we do, plenty in fact. Trust you not to miss an opportunity to have a dig at SS and its journalists. But then, of course, as in all things you know best. What a life you lead.

What he doesn't know Philip, he assumes to suit his prejudices no matter what the subject is.. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

You’re complaining about the BSPA not telling anyone what’s going on, you presumably know what’s going on, yet you don’t want to tell us? Bit hypocritical don’t you think? :rolleyes:

And if I had to even hazard a guess what the discussions were about, it would be about relaxing fixed race nights before any more teams go out of business.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

if everything that people know about the goings on in the sport came out, there would be no speedway

• Like 2

Just now, Humphrey Appleby said:

You’re complaining about the BSPA not telling anyone what’s going on, you presumably know what’s going on, yet you don’t want to tell us? Bit hypocritical don’t you think? :rolleyes:

IF I knew what was going on and was at liberty to tell you I would. Being told something in confidence is one thing, being able to use it is another.

• Like 4