British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Redcar v Edinburgh 12/7/18

Hoping that we can take a victory from this one. Erik with a max at the fours last week, also a track that josh goes well on and Ricky also, Andersson at reserve could be a trump card as he seem to take a liking to the place also at the fours. 

Should be a close one - all the Edinburgh riders seem to go well at Redcar.(that's because it' a good, fair racing track with minimal home advantage)

In terms of Andersson being a trump card (not to be confused with a Trump card given the presence of the orange bufoon in the Country) the Bears reserves scored paid 27 last week so might not be that much of an advantage. As a Bears fan I'm more worried about our top 3 who were a bit hit and miss last week.

4 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Should be a close one - all the Edinburgh riders seem to go well at Redcar.(that's because it' a good, fair racing track with minimal home advantage)

In terms of Andersson being a trump card (not to be confused with a Trump card given the presence of the orange bufoon in the Country) the Bears reserves scored paid 27 last week so might not be that much of an advantage. As a Bears fan I'm more worried about our top 3 who were a bit hit and miss last week.

Well I’m at the meeting now and it’s interval time. I have been advised by Sidewinder that he never thought that the meeting would be close and Edinburgh would win comfortably. 

Given how we are getting well and truly gubbed, outgated, out fought and thoroughly trounced to date I now agree with him. 

Stuck my head above the parapet and in the words of Bob Mortimer my nickname should be Snipers Dream!

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well I’m at the meeting now and it’s interval time. I have been advised by Sidewinder that he never thought that the meeting would be close and Edinburgh would win comfortably. 

Given how we are getting well and truly gubbed, outgated, out fought and thoroughly trounced to date I now agree with him. 

Stuck my head above the parapet and in the words of Bob Mortimer my nickname should be Snipers Dream!

I go away for one week and look what you do!!!!  Seems like a good time to be on holiday!!

As poor as the Bears were, you have to give tremendous credit to an Edinburgh team who were fantastic both out of the gate and from the back. Rode like a dominant home side. Best away performance I've seen in a long time.

Worrying times for the Bears - you need to win your home meetings and with an inconsistent team on this track you are not going to win many meetings. Crowd seemed very poor tonight too.

• Like 2

Very impressive from Edinburgh , Victor proving to be a shrewd signing with some good scores.

• Like 1

Incredibly disappointing performance from the Bears, but firstly would like to congratulate Edinburgh. Superb performance, gated like demons and particularly early on good from the back. Always a pleasure with the Monarchs fans on the second bend as well. Wells was superb, but pretty much whole side was excellent. Love to watch Pickering around our track.

For the Bears, only Barker and possibly the reserves can come out with any credit. Hugely disappointing from Berge and Jorgensen. Berge in particular just giving up after missing the gate, strangely looked very quick in the one race he did gate.. 

• Like 1

Crowd seemed poor tonite i was nt there at a do what do u expect sell out crowds c mon were no better than a month ago  this team is only heading one way bottom thank goodness for ben barker where we d be without him god knows

• Like 1

Cracking result from the boys, now we’re beginning to hits bit of form. 

Just need to get Mark going, in saying that the way he’s going he’s going to end up a reserve which might not be a bad thing.

• Like 1

Obviously, I enjoyed our trip to sunny Redcar again last night. Lovely company from the Redcar folks (even tho’ they told us not to come back with this team)

The boys were amazing and made all the better when they walked all the way round the stadium to great applause from the Redcar supporters to meet us fans and have their photo taken with us...... as Ricky & Max would say..... Awesome!!!

If the track photographer is reading this, where can I buy a copy of last night & the 4’s photos please

• Like 1

15 hours ago, boz said:

Incredibly disappointing performance from the Bears, but firstly would like to congratulate Edinburgh. Superb performance, gated like demons and particularly early on good from the back. Always a pleasure with the Monarchs fans on the second bend as well. Wells was superb, but pretty much whole side was excellent. Love to watch Pickering around our track.

For the Bears, only Barker and possibly the reserves can come out with any credit. Hugely disappointing from Berge and Jorgensen. Berge in particular just giving up after missing the gate, strangely looked very quick in the one race he did gate.. 

Berge is another Kus only tries when he feels like it,taking the p#ss like what he done with Berwick.

49 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Berge is another Kus only tries when he feels like it,taking the p#ss like what he done with Berwick.

In a word or make it two Petulant Child.

• Like 2