British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Jonathan Chapman - It's Your Time

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I kind of am:D

Maybe Philip Rising might have some idea.....whether he will share I know not:P

On 7/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, Byker Biker said:

There have been some good business people with proven sales and marketing skills in Speedway in the last decade but unfortunately were driven out by the win at all costs brigade. They win at all costs mentalitists were never into the long term just who or how hard they could shaft the opposition using everything except 4 laps on a Speedway bike to achieve it.

This confuses me. Firstly, who are the “good business people with proven sales and marketing skills” because I can’t think of any that have been driven out in the last decade?

Secondly, if there are any, how can the “win at all cost mentalists” not be in it for the long term if they have been driving people out in the last decade?

I can’t think of more than one person, Rick Frost, who might just fulfil your criteria. You’re not suggesting Chris Morton and David Gordon, Steve Jenson, David Hemsley or, heaven forfend Trump and Sandhu can be defined that way, surely?

Why have they stopped calling it the super se7en , I thought that sounded good

15 minutes ago, bruno said:

Why have they stopped calling it the super se7en , I thought that sounded good

Arithmetic 

There aren’t 7 (or se7en) shared events nowadays. Even then, there were only six (but si6x looks wrong) so they added the under 21 for marketing purposes. 

Sorry for late reply to this thread, but it was hidden away under a section I don't often look at.

I don't think raising funding is the issue anymore as the only way to take the sport forward is to start from ground zero.

This essentially means an amateur/semi pro sport which is run by promoters who want to rebuild speedway as a sport with 'grit' which every working person in this country can afford to be part of. 

I believe speedway needs an entrepreneurial type of leader to take this challenge forward, one with a track record in sport and business would certainly be helpful. Whilst truly flattered at the suggestion I am the person for this, I am restricted within my employment terms as Chief Executive of the British Assessment Bureau to take on ANY additional roles of responsibility (professional or non professional) without board approval.

However, I would and could, happily offer my services as an unofficial advisor to a person or group who wished to take this challenge on.

Hope that helps.

• Like 7

When you look back to when the sport was last in dire straights along came Mike Parker and soon after we had the boom years of the 70,s and 80,s so it can be done, where are we going to find another MP that is the question. JC does have some good ideas and im sure would be a very good asset in an advisory capacity as stated above.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1