British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

TOP GUN Individual - Sheffield - Thursday 19th July 2018

Sheffield Speedway present the "TOP GUN" individual event at Owlerton next Thursday (19/07/18). formerly known as the "Steel City Championship/ Cream Of The Conference". 

These meetings usually turn out to be very interesting with great racing on show, so i encourage all to go to this one for sure.

Usually a good mixture of NL/ New Aussies/ Untried Euro riders etc makes for a very interesting field, very raw with such good racing on show.

Thoughts everyone ? I see Josh Coyne is riding, could we be seeing Cooper Riordan also ? 

Cooper Riordan has already been confirmed as riding.  Can't wait to see him ride after seeing his spins after recent meetings.

LINE-UP: Simon Lambert, Jamie Halder, Danny Phillips, Georgie Wood, James Shanes, Danny Ayres, Tom Woolley, Cooper Riordan, Josh Coyne, Max Ruml, Gino Manzares, Josh McDonald, Kye Thomsen, Kyle Bickley, Joe Lawlor, Zaine Kennedy.

Edited by Blackadder
Line-up completed.

Absolutely great to see Zaine, Josh and Kye being allowed to race in this.   Why can they ride at Sheffield but not in the leagues?

5 hours ago, Uluru said:

Absolutely great to see Zaine, Josh and Kye being allowed to race in this.   Why can they ride at Sheffield but not in the leagues?

It’s a open invitational meeting and would need a visa to ride in championship but would not to qualify in the top 3 of there national championships to be considered for a visa 

Should be a cracker of a meeting this one, looking forward to seeing how the young Aussies get on around Owlerton.

I hope Max Ruml gets a podium place.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:36 AM, mac101 said:

It’s a open invitational meeting and would need a visa to ride in championship but would not to qualify in the top 3 of there national championships to be considered for a visa 

Top three in a state titles is what is required, and yes to the best of my knowledge the aussies involved have not yet achieved this.

Junior

For those who have this meeting a miss.... big mistake!! Been some absolutely cracking racing

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 2:26 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Shanes has to be installed as the favourite for this one.

How did that work out, then?

10 hours ago, Cue Ball said:

For those who have this meeting a miss.... big mistake!! Been some absolutely cracking racing

I don't understand fans you bow out and don't attend these meetings.

39 minutes ago, Topcat said:

I don't understand fans you bow out and don't attend these meetings.

have never been a massive fan of individual meetings t.b.h and, although a season ticket holder, decided to save fuel and food money for the pairs and g.p meet plus, although personally it wouldn't affect me, would it not have been better to have charged 10 instead of 13 pounds for this meeting."prices slashed" what 3 quid.would it have not been better to have charged 10 quid and maybe have had a bigger attendance.who knows?