British Speedway Forum

so is Gglasgow the capital of Scotland or is it the other lot ?

As for masons k10 transfer . i think  worky could be recouping more than that when they move mason onto Ipswich next season .  they seem to love him down there .  + having a higher average now makes him even more valuable to others . 

tell harris b/q are having a sale on lawnmowers  now . offer ends , end of season .

i feel for you lot after having spent loads on out of date riders and hundreds of gallons of paint, your season has not gone to plan .

anyhow , best wishes for the future and a good 2019 season . ..please keep sarj !

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

so is Gglasgow the capital of Scotland or is it the other lot ?

As for masons k10 transfer . i think  worky could be recouping more than that when they move mason onto Ipswich next season .  they seem to love him down there .  + having a higher average now makes him even more valuable to others . 

tell harris b/q are having a sale on lawnmowers  now . offer ends , end of season .

i feel for you lot after having spent loads on out of date riders and hundreds of gallons of paint, your season has not gone to plan .

anyhow , best wishes for the future and a good 2019 season . ..please keep sarj !

Pretty  sure mason has to achieve a 7 ave to return here  next year or he has to requalify for a visa so might have to do his national championships again 

A bit harsh on Gino though as he seems not to have a mechanic & has to do it all on his own..

6 minutes ago, Icicle said:

A bit harsh on Gino though as he seems not to have a mechanic & has to do it all on his own..

Well that's not exactly very professional....and not being very professional was I'm sure one of the reasons ipswich didn't want him back.

That's the same as me turning up for work without the tools I need to do the job 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

So if the jungle drums are to be believed, we could be in the “top” flight next year almost by default. Rumours of two leagues instead of 3 are gathering momentum. 

Top league similar to our current Championship standard, and then a league below that. Can’t see us opting for the lower league if that’s the case. 

Would be quite excited by that tbh. We could finally resume old rivalries with our Norfolk friends!

• Like 1

Any idea of how many teams that would be???  Hopefully as many as possible, somewhere between 16 to 20 would be good...with speedway every week during the season..

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Speedway EVERY week.... keep your stupid ideas to yourself in future. 

Unless you are prepared to try to run things yourself .... :rolleyes:

I don't like your attitude young man....you have never been there..done it or got the t shirt. I've told you before..shut up pay up and stop questioning things.

Well that’s this year over then the inevitable finally confirmed!

need a big shake up with the team and track next year it’s not been consistent enough for this year

personally would like to see us go into the top league - ipswich produces good racing with good riders racing on it - the track was woefully dry and dusty tonight and yet cook and Lawson had a great few races as we often have seen with Danny and rory in heats 13&15

• Like 1

Who knows what 2019 is going to look like but if we work on 'as is' Louis has some hard decisions ahead:

King - season destroyed by injury. It would be harsh to not give the skipper another year.

Schlein - if the the track is good, probably one of the top three in the league, but.......

Alternatively, Nicholls is still a class act at this level and Lawson is always very good at Foxhall. Depending on their availability and Louis' appetite to be revolutionary, you can make a case for one or even both of them.

Covatti - I know we all love his all action style but the harsh reality is that he generally struggles to gate and is just too inconsistent to be a third heat leader.

Heeps - another one who really struggles to gate. Seems to always struggle in the first half of the season, then picks up. Clearly has ability and as a second string maybe but absolutely marginal.

Riss - apart from a couple of decent early meetings has been a disappointment. Based on the last month or so, i don't see how you can bring him back.

Garcia - I was really sceptical but the lad has been great. Bizarrely, and speedway is the only sport I can think of where you would say this but has he done too well. My guess is he will end up about 5.5

Kemp - a no brainer, the lad is special.