British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Who knows what 2019 is going to look like but if we work on 'as is' Louis has some hard decisions ahead:

King - season destroyed by injury. It would be harsh to not give the skipper another year.

Schlein - if the the track is good, probably one of the top three in the league, but.......

Alternatively, Nicholls is still a class act at this level and Lawson is always very good at Foxhall. Depending on their availability and Louis' appetite to be revolutionary, you can make a case for one or even both of them.

Covatti - I know we all love his all action style but the harsh reality is that he generally struggles to gate and is just too inconsistent to be a third heat leader.

Heeps - another one who really struggles to gate. Seems to always struggle in the first half of the season, then picks up. Clearly has ability and as a second string maybe but absolutely marginal.

Riss - apart from a couple of decent early meetings has been a disappointment. Based on the last month or so, i don't see how you can bring him back.

Garcia - I was really sceptical but the lad has been great. Bizarrely, and speedway is the only sport I can think of where you would say this but has he done too well. My guess is he will end up about 5.5

Kemp - a no brainer, the lad is special.

Would be amazed if Louis doesn't a huge change up over the close season. Garcia has been great, I doubted him personally but he's done fantastically. However, I think at 5.5 he may have ridden himself out of the side. Riss seems to have completely lost it recently, if he can rediscover his form he's worth a shout next year. 

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Who knows what 2019 is going to look like but if we work on 'as is' Louis has some hard decisions ahead:

King - season destroyed by injury. It would be harsh to not give the skipper another year.

Schlein - if the the track is good, probably one of the top three in the league, but.......

Alternatively, Nicholls is still a class act at this level and Lawson is always very good at Foxhall. Depending on their availability and Louis' appetite to be revolutionary, you can make a case for one or even both of them.

Covatti - I know we all love his all action style but the harsh reality is that he generally struggles to gate and is just too inconsistent to be a third heat leader.

Heeps - another one who really struggles to gate. Seems to always struggle in the first half of the season, then picks up. Clearly has ability and as a second string maybe but absolutely marginal.

Riss - apart from a couple of decent early meetings has been a disappointment. Based on the last month or so, i don't see how you can bring him back.

Garcia - I was really sceptical but the lad has been great. Bizarrely, and speedway is the only sport I can think of where you would say this but has he done too well. My guess is he will end up about 5.5

a golden john berry move in 1981 ...but that wont happen....

21 minutes ago, JamesB said:

King - will he ever fully recover ? I hope so but got to be worried .

Rory - my feeling is I don't think he will be back 

Nico - sorry but time to move on 

Cam - another who has not performed time to go .

Mark - can see why Edinburgh let him go couple of good meetings but otherwise disappointing.

Coty - thumbs up from me but worried his average is creeping up now .

Drew - one of speedways hottest young prospects got to be here disappointing if he's not  but I'm sure everyone will want him . 

Kemp yes and Coty yes, although he has done so well he may find himself without a job. The rest can seek employment elsewhere. 

New blood is needed in the team. 

I'm guessing the rules may change next year to stop us using Kemp on a 2. 

The biggest change that's needed though is on track action, it's very sparse these days. Even the massif were very subdued last night having to sit through an hour and half of not much going on.

Hopefully some fresh new ideas will be forthcoming. 

3 hours ago, Thecatalyst said:

I was sitting by the MASSIF and they were extremely quiet, even when Kevin went over to them.

A complete silence had been planned for the Berwick meeting in response to comments about being 'real supporters' 'doing better ourselves' 'what would you know' etc

This was largely observed last night instead

Apologies to Kevin who probably wasnt expecting such little reaction when he came over. Handled a difficult situation re that and the track prep grumbles with great professionalism (as ever)

The Massif was and is about trying to generate atmosphere and positivity and building a connection between fans and club

This has generally been the case but has certainly taken a knock. I hope it doesnt just fade away

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

A complete silence had been planned for the Berwick meeting in response to comments about being 'real supporters' 'doing better ourselves' 'what would you know' etc

This was largely observed last night instead

Apologies to Kevin who probably wasnt expecting such little reaction when he came over. Handled a difficult situation re that and the track prep grumbles with great professionalism (as ever)

The Massif was and is about trying to generate atmosphere and positivity and building a connection between fans and club

This has generally been the case but has certainly taken a knock. I hope it doesnt just fade away

I’ve seen reference to these “real supporters/what would you know etc” comments a few times. I’m assuming they were made from someone authoritative at the club to fans on social media? If so who made them?

Looks like 2019 is going to be a massive year for Ipswich and the sport in general.

Ipswich need to get the team right the amount of home meetings right and perhaps more importantly the track surface right.

The BSPA need to come up with something revolutionary otherwise as a long standing supporter said to me neither club or sport will be around in 5 years. 

Roll on the AGM

On 9/14/2018 at 7:35 AM, Baldyman said:

Kemp yes and Coty yes, although he has done so well he may find himself without a job. The rest can seek employment elsewhere. 

New blood is needed in the team. 

I'm guessing the rules may change next year to stop us using Kemp on a 2. 

The biggest change that's needed though is on track action, it's very sparse these days. Even the massif were very subdued last night having to sit through an hour and half of not much going on.

Hopefully some fresh new ideas will be forthcoming. 

Garcia's averaged has finished on 4.47, seems good value on that!

Using this years rules:

Danny King    8.90
Ricky Wells    8.40
Scott Nicholls    8.35
Nico Covatti    6.56
Coty Garcia    4.47
Danyon Hume    3.79
Drew Kemp    2.00
Total        42.47

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Using this years rules:

Danny King    8.90
Ricky Wells    8.40
Scott Nicholls    8.35
Nico Covatti    6.56
Coty Garcia    4.47
Danyon Hume    3.79
Drew Kemp    2.00
Total        42.47

Just a shame that

1) It wont be this years rules

2) At least 2 of those have longer term injury concerns

3) At least 1 is very happy being elsewhere

4) Another is the most sought after 2 pointer that EVERY TEAM would live to poach

5) A multitutude of other ifs and buts too long to list any further

Apart from the above - spot on! ;)

• Like 2