British Speedway Forum

Can't see Drew Kemp being anywhere other than Ipswich. It makes sense to ride close to home and he's already stated he wants to be back.

If Ipswich join the upper echelons would Jason Doyle be an ideal candidate to lead the witches? Could Jarek also feature in the line up. These riders plus a local derby against KL, something to look forward to.

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Using this years rules:

Danny King    8.90
Ricky Wells    8.40
Scott Nicholls    8.35
Nico Covatti    6.56
Coty Garcia    4.47
Danyon Hume    3.79
Drew Kemp    2.00
Total        42.47

No thankyou to danyon, wells or covatti.

I really hope Danny’s arm is healed and he’s fit to ride next year - but hope he’s sensible enough to consider the long term effects/risks if it’s not properly healed, nerve damage can be very complicated, life is long a speedway career is short and not worth lasting loss of use of an arm! I have no idea where he’s up to with recovery, anyone seen any further details??

to be honest hope we go to top league but would still want to have drew at reserve in the top league don’t think it would faze him in the slightest!

WHAT ABOUT YOUR SUPER GUEST , MASON  ? 

• Like 1

Nah - gone off him. Fickle lot arent we!:D

One bad meeting and he is history.....we like our riders to have plenty of bad ones, mason will never fit in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Christ are people actually clamouring for the signing of Campton because he’s rode the track well a few times? Campton is crap. The amount of stick that superior riders get on here from Ipswich fans like Heeps and Covatti who they don’t want back, and then mention Campton as a possible signing? LOL oh boy you’d love Mason Campton. 

Mark Riss rode Ipswich well before they signed him, do you want him back next year? Thought not. 

Normally I always say you start with your number 1 and then work down, but when a talent comes around like Kemp, you rip that strategy up and get him signed first. Then move on to your number 1. 

Edited by Steve Irving

Jason Doyle seems to have been linked a few times with Ipswich for next year. I'm guessing just crazy rumours! Kemp has definitely got to be first name on the team sheet which ever league Ippo are in. You'd like to think he is signed up already. 

kemp will be the first name on the team sheet ................................................... pity it wont be your team sheet !  LOL.

53 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Jason Doyle seems to have been linked a few times with Ipswich for next year. I'm guessing just crazy rumours! Kemp has definitely got to be first name on the team sheet which ever league Ippo are in. You'd like to think he is signed up already. 

Could be just rumours and people putting things together being hopeful - but the facts are Guy Nicholls is a sponsor of doyley in gp and he lives in Norwich so we’re his most local track which could be a positive in terms of travel for home meetings.

With that logic wouldnt Kings Lynn be just as likely for Doyle.....

• Like 1

Kings Lynn is closer by half a mile. In all serious if Ipswich move back to the 'top league' they need to be competive not really achieved what they dropped down a league for ie winning trophies and building the asset base. 

To be honest I thought Norwich was a lot closer to Lynn than that...my bad.  I knew I should have gone to school. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

To be honest I thought Norwich was a lot closer to Lynn than that...my bad.  I knew I should have gone to school. 

Yup really not a lot more than a fag paper in it! Either way both a significantly closer than Somerset/Swindon his home teams of recent years!

2 hours ago, Spl77 said:

Kings Lynn is closer by half a mile. In all serious if Ipswich move back to the 'top league' they need to be competive not really achieved what they dropped down a league for ie winning trophies and building the asset base. 

To be honest I don’t really the big benefit of this whole asset base thing anyway times have changed - winning trophies yes and having a talisman such as Doyle spearheading would certainly be a good start!!