British Speedway Forum

Sedgy tweeted today, that he's back in Europe in March.  Edinburgh or Swindon hopefully.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Sedgy tweeted today, that he's back in Europe in March.  Edinburgh or Swindon hopefully.

thank god fur that !

I don't think Witches will be part of the top league as Louis recently said that they will only move when the time is right and right now the right time is non-existant, so he will be in the new hybrid championship/national league level 

However, I would like to see them go up to the top league as it will be built to current Championship strength which with the fan base would work plus the trump card is young Drew Kemp who could hold his own and develop in the top division.

What team would you prefer out of these two?

1. Rory Schlein

2. Bradley Wilson-Dean

3. Adam Ellis

4. Ty Proctor

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Drew Kemp

or

1. Jason Doyle

2. Josh Pickering

3. Nico Covatti

4. Mark Riss

5. Adam Ellis

6. Coty Garcia

7. Drew Kemp

20 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I don't think Witches will be part of the top league as Louis recently said that they will only move when the time is right and right now the right time is non-existant, so he will be in the new hybrid championship/national league level 

However, I would like to see them go up to the top league as it will be built to current Championship strength which with the fan base would work plus the trump card is young Drew Kemp who could hold his own and develop in the top division.

What team would you prefer out of these two?

1. Rory Schlein

2. Bradley Wilson-Dean

3. Adam Ellis

4. Ty Proctor

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Nathan Greaves

7. Drew Kemp

or

1. Jason Doyle

2. Josh Pickering

3. Nico Covatti

4. Mark Riss

5. Adam Ellis

6. Coty Garcia

7. Drew Kemp

Wouldn't mind either of those teams.

Both look a bit lightweight for a top league team to me

Would prefer

jason Doyle 8.96

adam Ellis 6.49

richard Lawson 6.50

scott nicholls 6.48

craig cook 7.69

Another 

drew Kemp 2.00

working on top flight averages to a limit of 42.5 leaves 4.38 for other reserve meaning you could fit in Coty Garcia/Nathan greaves/James sergeant/josh Pickering/Jake Allen to name a few options!!

Assuming they all stayed fit - they would rip it up at Foxhall!!

note Danny’s top flight average is 6.46 so could be subbed in for any of three middle order - I’m just worried about if he’d be fit or not.

Edited by 89buttons

From a good source that I have been told that if the top flight becomes more of what the championship is now, then current Championship averages will stand and Premiership averages will be amended for those riders "technically" dropping down although it would become the "top flight" so doubtful a team could consist of Doyle, Ellis, Lawson, Nicholls & Cook - a team may be able to fit two of those names in a team, its going to be watered down, basically so teams can afford to pay a doyle etc. but have lower-order riders in the team who get paid less, so save in one hand to give away to your no.1 with the other.

I'm hearing and I may well be wrong that it could potentially be a 12 team top league built to championship standard, then a North/South divided National League consisting of 8 teams per division but we will find out for sure in a few weeks

Danny has just tweeted that he's had his operation, all went well, surgeons happy.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2018 at 2:59 PM, Badge said:

Danny has just tweeted that he's had his operation, all went well, surgeons happy.

Let's just hope his recovery goes well, and he is in good shape come tapes up in 2019 ....

• Like 2

Sounds like a possibility Mark might not be back in 2019.

45 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Sounds like a possibility Mark might not be back in 2019.

Bit obscure Scotty,  care to elaborate please?

4 hours ago, Badge said:

Bit obscure Scotty,  care to elaborate please?

Try this - http://m.speedweek.com/speedway-racing/news/134369/Mark-Riss-Dieses-Zigeunerleben-passt-mir-nicht.html#.W8XApwnsvbE.facebook

Might need a bit of translation but kind of reads that he might be thinking about packaging it in. 

Great shame if he does. 

11 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Try this - http://m.speedweek.com/speedway-racing/news/134369/Mark-Riss-Dieses-Zigeunerleben-passt-mir-nicht.html#.W8XApwnsvbE.facebook

Might need a bit of translation but kind of reads that he might be thinking about packaging it in. 

Great shame if he does. 

Thanks, yes it would be a great shame if he does. The lad was such a smiley character when he came to us, borne out by his good scores early doors. The pressure seemed to mount when he doubled up, and he was smiley no more.

Well Danny king has tweeted today, that 3 weeks ago today he had his surgery, and following a visit back to hospital, in his words " my bicep is waking up"

• Like 4