British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Fair enough, I was unaware of bad blood between them, I was just basing on the best team around Foxhall I could put together hypothetically

What about the bad blood between him and the foxhall faithful??? Definitely not a rider I would wish to wear the witch tbh.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Jason doyle 9.57

craig cook 7.64

richard Lawson  6.81

scott nicholls 6.65

danny king 6.46

Nathan greaves 3.25

drew kemp 2.00

adds up to 42.38!

note Adam Ellis would be my preference over Danny king but he’ll be in whatever league we’re in I’d imagine!

Like others have said tho not a lot of point speculating until we know the league formats etc. Also concede it’s very unlikely we’d be able to prize cool from belle vue!

dont think you could put together a much team that rides Foxhall any better than these lot tho - should win every week at home and be capable on the road!

Having seen drew go toe to toe with bomber at Glasgow and some of his other rides last season I see no problem in him riding top league as well next year he’d take it in his stride and surprise many along the way imo - destined for the very top 

Cook at Foxhall you'd be guaranteed plenty of rain offs! 

21 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

What’s your preference for race night in the “premiership” at Foxhall ..... Monday’s or Wednesdays?

Thursday :)

Isnt that what the top league really want anyway.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Thursday :)

Isnt that what the top league really want anyway.......

Couldn’t agree more, don’t want to move off Thursdays and so many of the other clubs want Thursdays too

27 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Couldn’t agree more, don’t want to move off Thursdays and so many of the other clubs want Thursdays too

Now this is a mystery to me, allegedly rye went bang because they ride Saturday's,  belle vue and somerset wanted Friday, wolves ride Monday,  kl and Poole ride Wednesday, Leicester?? So only Swindon wanted Thursday :unsure:

I don’t believe Ipswich are contemplating going “up”    Chris louis will do what’s best financially for the club as it’s his living.  He won’t gamble going into the premiership quite rightly imo. 

Publicaly he has said he looks at the possibility every year which I’m sure he does. Probably for a second and then settles for being a very competitive team in the best run league. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I don’t believe Ipswich are contemplating going “up”    Chris louis will do what’s best financially for the club as it’s his living.  He won’t gamble going into the premiership quite rightly imo. 

Publicaly he has said he looks at the possibility every year which I’m sure he does. Probably for a second and then settles for being a very competitive team in the best run league. 

May depend just how drastic any changes are in the structure of the leagues

There are some suggestions Championship level could be 6 man teams at around 36 point limit with the 'top end' riders excluded

Perhaps that would mean a switch now retaining the likes of Rory and Danny seems more attractive

Personally I would like 7 man teams to remain. I do believe the league is far too strong and if you exclude the top 22 riders and promote two nl riders in both reserve berths in every team in the league.  

Give the brits a chance.  Let those riders double up in the nl to give them plenty of track time and that will help the transition into the championship. 

Maybe keep these riders at reserve all season to stop poor quality foreign riders and has beens from dropping into the reserve berths. 

• Like 3

Agree Jason that the 2nd tier reserve berth should be exclusive for Brit riders to progress from NL and like the idea of them staying at reserve all season

33 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Agree Jason that the 2nd tier reserve berth should be exclusive for Brit riders to progress from NL and like the idea of them staying at reserve all season

And that’s why our original team failed this year. We built a team which would have succeeded in 2017but in 2018 five teams had two number 1 riders leaving the rest to build solid teams.  And that was our problem. Our reserves couldn’t compete. 

But for the system to work like 2017 we must stick with this plan for a min of 3 years or we won’t see the benefits. We must learn from history. 

Edited by Racin Jason 72
  • Like 1

So who do we keep if as seems likely (and hopefully) we dont go up.

Surely Drew is a stick on must

I would imagine Nico will be back.

I would like to see Coty but i think he may have done 'to' well.

Danny maybe a risk and Rory isnt getting any younger.

We need a real big signing , but who that might be i have no idea lol

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

So who do we keep if as seems likely (and hopefully) we dont go up.

Surely Drew is a stick on must

I would imagine Nico will be back.

I would like to see Coty but i think he may have done 'to' well.

Danny maybe a risk and Rory isnt getting any younger.

We need a real big signing , but who that might be i have no idea lol

big signings dont win you the league !  strength in depth does . 

36 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Nicholls must be a possibility.

At this stage every rider is a possibility :)