British Speedway Forum

Well after tonight's defeat and more injuries we might as well forget about this season as we can't afford to drop points at home and I can't see where we are going to get any away. With only four of our own riders fit we are going to have to rely on guests, and are they going to put 100% effort in for a rival team.

Hopefully 2019 will be better whatever the league format may be and we can have a season without injuries.

And I thought after all the teams were announced flappy would have created the first 2019 thread! 

• Like 2

If camptons average is still around the 5/6 point mark Louis and Hawkins need to be moving heaven and earth to get him in a witches jacket next year - you will not get a rider on that average that goes better around Foxhall, he’d probably end up averaging around 8-9 at home riding at 3 or 4

With the way this season has gone with injuries and the lack of fixtures, just can't see us making the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong but realistically can't see it. Agree we need to try to get Campton & maybe Proctor for next season.

18 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

If camptons average is still around the 5/6 point mark Louis and Hawkins need to be moving heaven and earth to get him in a witches jacket next year - you will not get a rider on that average that goes better around Foxhall, he’d probably end up averaging around 8-9 at home riding at 3 or 4

Correct...and should have been in this year's team. Will it happen though????  Not so sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

WOW . bit early innit ?

Well Ipswich were tipped to be one of the favourites but injuries have taken there toll so we had to be first at something :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe Nicholls and King swop teams

Id accept that if it meant Danny was fully recovered

Id be happy to see him riding anywhere if thats the case

12 hours ago, jenga said:

WOW . bit early innit ?

Thinking about the future is the best way forward.

Hope all have their pensions sorted ;)

Maybe a hint of next year's side with the changes made today? Kemp Riss alongside Covatti? 

4 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Maybe a hint of next year's side with the changes made today? Kemp Riss alongside Covatti? 

Far too early and if you start to show your hand then history shows others will use it to shaft you at the AGM!

Unfortunately despite the position the sport finds itself I don't have great confidence that such self interest will not continue :(