British Speedway Forum

No one can have any idea what the league structures will be next year - this year frankly has been a disaster! Wednesdays are no good for top league it should be Mondays fixed night as woffy said in the speedway star end of. The lack of fixtures in the championship has been farcical - I’d imagine there’ll be more changes for next year again

44 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Far too early and if you start to show your hand then history shows others will use it to shaft you at the AGM!

Unfortunately despite the position the sport finds itself I don't have great confidence that such self interest will not continue :(

You are not alone on that.

I wonder if Hartle will get another go next season ? He might do better with Riss in the team...? 

Did he show enough to get another chance?  He did knock Danny off and that didn't do Greaves any favours, and he did plenty to get another chance. Sometimes strange decisions  are made at ipswich.

Given his current low average & ability around Ipswich i would have thought Kennett would be another on the must have list?

Campton is a must have.. Hopefully those in charge will weaken the league next season, so there are less top riders. 

Edited by Baldyman

Strong indications there will still be a split league structure the 2nd tier of which may well be a hybrid CL/NL with the PL looking to boost its numbers

As one of the better supported and backed clubs I would expect us to be 1 of those clubs courted by the top league

However perhaps our assets/links are much better suited to the lower option

Will be an interesting choice as to which way we go

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Strong indications there will still be a split league structure the 2nd tier of which may well be a hybrid CL/NL with the PL looking to boost its numbers

As one of the better supported and backed clubs I would expect us to be 1 of those clubs courted by the top league

However perhaps our assets/links are much better suited to the lower option

Will be an interesting choice as to which way we go

Certainly going to be an interestng winter as rumours are major shake ups are being plotted. I just hope they are being fully considered in both the short and long term. Dragging teams up a tier to boost numbers is all well and good but if it drags the need to pay more riders more money is that going to help the situation?

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Campton is a must have.. Hopefully those in charge will weaken the league next season, so there are less top riders. 

Campton and m.riss would make very handy home reserves in the top flight! Along with an East Anglian based former world champion @ no.1 and it’s a very good start to team building! :D

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Doyle.....my most disliked rider, 

Why? Just out of curiosity? Always gone very well at Foxhall 

First thing Ipswich need to do is get a new track man. I understand the word loyalty and I know the chap has been around for donkeys years and given terrific service, but there comes a time when you have to move on to improve your product. 

Chris Louis has spent an awful lot of time and money changing the track shape over the last 6 years. You’ll still hear people saying the track shape doesn’t produce good racing, which is absolute bollox. There’s nothing wrong with the shape whatsoever. 

The surface on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired and Chris himself needs to hold his hands up and accept some of the responsibility too as he also gets his hands dirty with the track prep. Every year tracks are short listed for track of the year in all divisions voted for by referees. This is for track preparation. 

There is a reason why Ipswich haven’t just never won it, but to my knowledge have never been shortlisted to be in contention either. 

Get someone in who can consistently prepare a surface that consistently produces good racing and you improve your product tenfold. 

• Like 2