British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave1964

KIDS GO FREE AT SUMMER SPEEDWAY!

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

It's madness that every team doesn't allow 16 year olds and under in for free every week!

As I've said elsewhere not only does it hopefully hook the youngsters it's also an incentive for the parents if the kids get in free helps to cover the other costs of going to a meeting 

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

Well done Leicester...

Hope they take the opportunity to bombard the kids who go with posters, photo opps with riders, car stickers for their parents, get birthday dates, email addresses of mum and dad etc...

You want some kind of long term return for such an investment...

13 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Should be rolled out across the country imo. Kids will get the chance to sample speedway if they dont already go. Adults will pay to get in Kids will want something to eat and maybe a sovenier from the track shop.  meet the riders before the bikes are started One would have thought its a win win situation. Something that happens at Poole every week, the pits are open til 7 pm, riders are very happy to sign Autographs and have photos taken before and after the meeting. We also have a post meeting confrence in the back straight bar where again kids can meet the riders and have photo's and get Autographs signed and is very well attended.

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Great..Every club should do it. A few flags to wave, sweets, as said, car stickers to remind the kids to bug their elders, even a dozen air horns to liven things up, that sort of thing..

Yes kids should be let in for free, but when they're in the stadium I'm just not sure things like photo's, sweets and caps cut it anymore with kids. The majority of kids I see at Speedway couldn't be any less bothered with what his happening on the other side of the fence. What the sport needs to invest in is some kind of interactive app that kids can install on their phones and couple that to the action that is happening on the track, that is the addiction that will keep them wanting to come back and when they grow out of that smartphone adddiction hopefully they've created enough of a bond with their club to continue to attend as a paying adult

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes kids should be let in for free, but when they're in the stadium I'm just not sure things like photo's, sweets and caps cut it anymore with kids. The majority of kids I see at Speedway couldn't be any less bothered with what his happening on the other side of the fence. What the sport needs to invest in is some kind of interactive app that kids can install on their phones and couple that to the action that is happening on the track, that is the addiction that will keep them wanting to come back and when they grow out of that smartphone adddiction hopefully they've created enough of a bond with their club to continue to attend as a paying adult

The idea mate is to entice kids to speedway and to be future fans and posibly riders, , not add another app on there phone which we never had in the 70's 80's 90's . Far to much of that nowadays..

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The idea mate is to entice kids to speedway and to be future fans and posibly riders, , not add another app on there phone which we never had in the 70's 80's 90's . Far to much of that nowadays..

maybe give them a free rattle and a club rosette?

• Haha 3

Will matt do free for children in the school holidays at poole ?

14 hours ago, iainb said:

maybe give them a free rattle and a club rosette?

Or a bucket and spade? The ones near me last week spent the whole match playing with the dirt and stones. :D

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Or a bucket and spade? The ones near me last week spent the whole match playing with the dirt and stones. :D

Could have given 'em a rake and got them to do something useful!!:rolleyes::D

• Like 1

Clubs that don't let kids in free over the summer ( and up to 16 and if they have full-time student status and NUS cards ) are missing out on attracting the 2nd generation already missed. Of course, you have to publicise it locally as well!

I love any attempt to improve crowd figures but one thing is always missing when these things take place and that feedback. 

To have some numbers about the success or otherwise would give us fans some much needed data for when we are listing the things we think promoters should be doing. 

What about having a fan zone, at all the tracks, just like Cardiff do, having riders, bikes, supporters clubs mementos, even have sponsors mementos there all open at least one hour before the start, and having all the riders themselves present  for kids to collect autographs during the summer hols which start on Friday I believe. There is so much that can be done in the next six weeks to help our sport.

12 hours ago, STEPHEN 333 said:

What about having a fan zone, at all the tracks, just like Cardiff do, having riders, bikes, supporters clubs mementos, even have sponsors mementos there all open at least one hour before the start, and having all the riders themselves present  for kids to collect autographs during the summer hols which start on Friday I believe. There is so much that can be done in the next six weeks to help our sport.

This requires a bit of effort