British Speedway Forum
Panthers89

Peterborough Panthers vs Sheffield Tigers - 15th July 2018 - League

Not the best of meetings but made exciting in the end by the closeness of the score. It was hard to set up a track today due to the weather so was a bit of gate and go. We were fairly solid throughout though and this is what this team gives you. Just like Friday, two opposition riders did not contribute and you cannot carry two. Excellent race in heat 15 by MPT and Scott to stop Sheffield getting a point. Jake Allen guesting for us was not the same rider who rode for Scunthorpe on Friday, I wonder why!!!

6 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Yeah like they need stewards at the speedway..what's gonna happen..someone attack an away fan with a clipboard or a flask!?..that's if u can find an away fan.

That's H&S for you. Didn't I read somewhere that the EoES required one steward per block? " Full training will be provided by the club in order to reach the NVQ qualification required" was the bit that struck me from the previous appeal. To go from fan to working is one thing but needing a qualification is different.

39 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Yeah like they need stewards at the speedway..what's gonna happen..someone attack an away fan with a clipboard or a flask!?..that's if u can find an away fan.

Not just that though is it, they are there for first aid duties id say.

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

Not enough stewards volunteering

Why don't the put their hands in their pockets then and splash some of the polish Jack Holder cash!

They don't struggle for stewards at the Posh..think they only pay them £20..what they gonna do during the play offs?..anyway that aside well done boys today...pulled it out the bag at the end. Thank God for BWD...he has been a massive signing for us.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

They don't struggle for stewards at the Posh..think they only pay them £20..what they gonna do during the play offs?..anyway that aside well done boys today...pulled it out the bag at the end. Thank God for BWD...he has been a massive signing for us.

aye , he helped workington to  a few handy away wins too !

Grondal at reserve is an issue for me as i can't see him putting in big scores consistently 

Terrible meeting, with no entertainment at all. With no chance of rain, the track is bone dry & devoid of shale. Seriously thinking about giving the double header a miss, as I can't face 30 heats of gate & go. Had a group of newbies in front of us in the company of former rider Andrew Stokes, & they soon worked out that whoever gated won. 

Poor racing probably but the close score kept my interest until the end

• Like 1

Allways makes me laugh at speedway stadiums we need stewards to tell u not to stand their its dangerous yet u ever watched a car rally on tv when they a doing a" stage" run people stood on corners inches form fast cars !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Allways makes me laugh at speedway stadiums we need stewards to tell u not to stand their its dangerous yet u ever watched a car rally on tv when they a doing a" stage" run people stood on corners inches form fast cars !

And the stewards themselves are standing... they're risking their lives to keep us safe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm head steward at Peterborough and we have to follow Peterborough council and EOES protocol. We have to have 1 qualified steward to every 250 people. It is not nice having to close both ends of the showground and we have been asking for volunteers all season who would be prepared to do a level 2 NVQ. I can only apologise for the current situation but my hands are tied. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lukas said:

I tell u what is P#####g me off lately..that they are closing off half the stand and cramming everyone in to one section.. uncomfortable on such a hot day and the third meeting running my family and friends can't even sit together..hope this can be sorted soon as it's annoying alot of people.

21 hours ago, Noodles said:

Not enough stewards volunteering

21 hours ago, Panthers89 said:

Volunteer to steward then to help out. Makes sense to me, also easier for volunteers to clean up after 

20 hours ago, Crump99 said:

That's H&S for you. Didn't I read somewhere that the EoES required one steward per block? " Full training will be provided by the club in order to reach the NVQ qualification required" was the bit that struck me from the previous appeal. To go from fan to working is one thing but needing a qualification is different.

To have the Grandstand open fully requires eight qualified Stewards together with a Level 3 supervisor; as a consequence of the overall seating capacity of the stand. A further three stewards are required around the perimeter of the track. If that number are not available to us, we have to reduce the effective capacity of the stand to suit.

We appreciate this may mean some fans cannot view from their preferred seat, for which we apologise, however there are seats available for all who wish to sit to watch the racing.

Our appeal for fans willing to undergo training to join the stewarding team remains open.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Our appeal for fans willing to undergo training to join the stewarding team remains open.

How much are you paying?

16 minutes ago, iainb said:

How much are you paying?

Speedway runs on volunteers and goodwill so I suspect that you know the answer to that.

• Like 2