British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Somerset 16/7 BT Sport

Belle Vue ‘Rentruck’ Aces: Craig Cook, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke (C), Jye Etheridge, Damian Dróżdż; TM: Mark Lemon

Somerset ‘Cases’ Rebels: Jason Doyle (C), Bradley Wilson-Dean, Aaron Summers, Richard Lawson, Jack Holder, Jake Allen, Nico Covatti; TM: Garry May

Would happily take a 46-44 against a Rebels side who've given the Aces plenty of problems over the last two seasons at the NSS. Dróżdż & Etheridge really shone last Monday against the Robins, need them to again. Will be tough for them to repeat though, as Allen & Covatti carry a far greater threat imo than, with all due respect, Wajtknecht & Smith did last week at 6 & 7.

Doyle & Holder were outstanding here in the A fixture which was a thriller culminating in a nerve shredding last heat decider which the Aces shaded (just!). 

Expecting similar again, can't wait! 

this looks a class encounter this is what speedway is  all about :cheers:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

this looks a class encounter this is what speedway is  all about :cheers:

I have to agree. A real pick um.

How lucky we are, us poor souls who can't get there ( and who have BT ). I am being serious! I would have paid £10 on Pay Per View if we had such a thing. were it not on BT. Much looked forward to - please get plenty of water down to assist those dashes from the back.

Edited by waytogo28

This meeting will be tremendous entertainment hope rain is early and stays off after 5 so we can all see speedway at its very best.

• Like 3

Yep hope it's not a slick one line procession that most clubs in U.K. have,people or fans come to see passing and dicing ,last match up was slick ,hope rain soaks track early,go the rebels

Really looking forward to this it should be a cracker heat 2 looks very interesting  a hard one to call.Holder/Summers/Lawson have to be on there game otherwise i can only see a home win saying that i think Somerset can hit the 40 point mark.

10 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Yep hope it's not a slick one line procession that most clubs in U.K. have,people or fans come to see passing and dicing ,last match up was slick ,hope rain soaks track early,go the rebels

Well as it is the best racetrack in the country it should produce great racing and usually does, should be miles better than last week's tv  meeting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well as it is the best racetrack in the country it should produce great racing and usually does, should be miles better than last week's tv  meeting.

lets hope so 4evablue ,heat one and two looking good for a early rebel lead going off form,rebels for a close win or at least a point

• Like 1

The forecast wasn't looking good earlier but it has changed at least 4 times this morning and is now better. Heavy rain mid afternoon but then 50% chance of light rain that is due to finish about 7pm. If that is correct then I think we shall be ok with the excellent drainage.

Depending on how  heavy the rain is mid afternoon it could take the first few races before we get the usual standard of racing. 

Been no rain at all, might get a bit of rain around 5.00 as we might catch the edge of a band going across but it won’t be much. Fridays Colts meeting started in time despite very heavy rain an hour before start.