British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Somerset 16/7 BT Sport

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well as it is the best racetrack in the country it should produce great racing and usually does, should be miles better than last week's tv  meeting.

It's all a bit of a lottery - I was there for the Swindon meeting and that wasn't that great.  Was also at Peterborough recently (another track cited as good) to see almost 15 heats of follow the leader.  I didn't think the Leicester meeting was too bad - hoping tonight is better though.

45 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It's all a bit of a lottery - I was there for the Swindon meeting and that wasn't that great.  Was also at Peterborough recently (another track cited as good) to see almost 15 heats of follow the leader.  I didn't think the Leicester meeting was too bad - hoping tonight is better though.

The BV Swindon clash produced some great entertainment as the meeting progressed especially when Max Fricke was on track ,

the leicester v Poole televised meeting was absolutely dreadful viewing 

IMO of course 

• Like 2

A lot depends on Steve Worrall. I'd predict he's the difference between  the Aces winning by 10 or the Rebels sneaking something from this one!

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Agree with you up to heat 7, then we enjoyed a great meeting.

• Like 1

Most tracks take a few heats to get going, but especially this one first 4 heats or so are always going to be more processional as the grip is round the inside early on, once the dirt starts moving out that’s when the racing lines develop. 

The 5:00 rain misses too, might be some rain about 7.00 now but that might miss too. Nightmare for the track guys knowing how much to water.

When the track is wet and grippy the first half a dozen or so races are pretty much from the gate..

Fast. (In fact too fast)..

Let's hope for no rain and the only water applied is by the track staff who do a great job of the track prep..

Worrall the key, I can see the Rebels pulling off a win. 44-46

• Like 1

Typical been dry all day and started pouring down at 6.50. Track  wet now and looks like rain in for another hour at least. 

Would rather they called it off then try and start in these conditions.

17 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Typical been dry all day and started pouring down at 6.50. Track  wet now and looks like rain in for another hour at least. 

Would rather they called it off then try and start in these conditions.

Weather forecast and track expert   :D

yeah track looks very wet, but at least this track normally has dirt on it, a lot of them would be knackered because the rain on the slick surface would make it impossible.

No chance to complete with the weather radar. Unless they ride through heavy rain.

Ouch, yeah think your spot on there Steve, this looks dead in the water

Its not going to stop raining, just call it off now and let everyone go home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marko said:

Its not going to stop raining, just call it off now and let everyone go home.

You get off home if you want, I mean if you've a long journey there's no point in waiting around.