British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Belle Vue v Somerset 16/7 BT Sport

Start delayed to 8.00 and the rain is getting even heavier.

Just call it off.

• Like 1

I am at home, I was being considerate and thinking about the poor sods there.

Total rubbish at a rubbish track last week in the sunshine, this week it's rained off when some proper speedway at a proper track is to be on TV.

This will sum up a lot of clubs seasons over the next month or two, dry warm weather and no speedway, then when meetings finally come around it will rain.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

It's always interesting to hear what some people rate as 'wasn't that great' speedway but I'll be happy if tonight's meeting is only half as good as the Swindon meeting (only 3 or 4 great races instead of 7 or 8).

That's the mystery of perception. Maybe if I was a Belle Vue fan I'd have a different opinion but as a neutral I want to see competitive action where you never know what might happen. It was all to predictable for me e.g. Smith made the start in one race but it was obvious he'd be passed.  The couple where Batchelor was in front were ok and Bewley is good to watch at NSS. It was a shame Swindon, and Morris in particular, were poor.

Couple of decent races from Swindon meeting, there were plenty more.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That's the mystery of perception. Maybe if I was a Belle Vue fan I'd have a different opinion but as a neutral I want to see competitive action where you never know what might happen. It was all to predictable for me e.g. Smith made the start in one race but it was obvious he'd be passed.  The couple where Batchelor was in front were ok and Bewley is good to watch at NSS. It was a shame Swindon, and Morris in particular, were poor.

So you weren't overly impressed with any of the races Max Fricke was involved in? or indeed the meeting in general ?

But yet you say the Leicester / Poole clash wasn't "too bad"?......You're right , perception can be a mystery  :)

Edited by WestGorton1884

Good you see that the club have posted this message on Facebook.

A MESSAGE FROM THE CLUB

Belle Vue Speedway wishes to thank all the supporters who turned out last night for the Rentruck Aces’ fixtures against Somerset, which was unfortunately postponed due to heavy rain.

We monitored many weather forecasts and the vast majority predicted only light showers during the evening and even then they did not agree when those showers would arrive.

It was for that reason, and as we had the BT cameras with us, that we decided to run the meeting however when the actual rain did arrive it was far heavier and more prolonged than the forecasts.

We therefore had no other option than to postpone. We really appreciate the commitment of all our supporters and would like to thank those that waited patiently in both stands.

We look forward to seeing you all again on Wednesday, July 25 for our local derby against Wolverhampton and again on July 28 for the Summer Speed Saturday featuring Round 5 of the British Youth Championships.

The Management Team

That's the sort of PR that makes fans feel valued and appreciated.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1