British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

16•07•18 - Premiership - Wolverhampton v Swindon

Team News: Howarth returns from injury, Heeps returns after a 9 day break from racing due to concussion. 

Bellego possible broken scaphoid after competing in grasstrack meeting. Wajtknecht withdrew from U21 meeting on Saturday with concussion.

Prediction: Wolves 57-33 Robins

Wolves (4th) 

Last 5 Home (W W W W L)

1. Jacob Thorssell

2. Ashley Morris

3. Kyle Howarth

4. Sam Masters

5. Rory Schlein

6. Cameron Heeps

7. Nathan Greaves

Robins (2nd)

Last 5 Away (L L L L L)

1. Nick Morris

2. R/R

3. Adam Ellis

4. Tobiasz Musielak

5. Troy Batchelor

6. Connor Mountain (GUEST)

7. Jack Smith

Edited by ReadingRacer2017

Connor Mountain at reserve for Swindon which with R/R won't help Swindon as the reserves take three extra rides already. Maybe this is one meeting where Heaps should get in the points and Greaves after the weekend should also score well.

Wolves need to get full points from remaining home fixtures and should win here but Batchelor, Morris, Musielak and Ellis have all had good meetings at Monmore and could rescue a point.

I know it's only NL but Connor Mountain got a 15pt maximum for Coventry at Monmore Green earlier in the season. Will be tough but it would not surprise me if he manages a few points. 

3 hours ago, Woz01 said:

I know it's only NL but Connor Mountain got a 15pt maximum for Coventry at Monmore Green earlier in the season. Will be tough but it would not surprise me if he manages a few points. 

Mountain he really has made terrific progress and he will battle hard for every point..I have noticed he has struggled to master Foxhall yet away from home he  has been terrific. I   feel it is important Premier league teams are made to keep longterm faith  with the Brits like Connor,Hume,Bowtell,  Bickley (ect) rather than bring in a foreign also rans

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Planning on going to this tonight - is the weather ok up in Wolverhampton? Showers forecast for early evening...

Am I right in thinking only Ellis and the reserves can take an r/r ride?

1 hour ago, Gresham78 said:

Planning on going to this tonight - is the weather ok up in Wolverhampton? Showers forecast for early evening...

Clear and sunny at moment showers possible but said very hot and miss 

2 hours ago, MattK said:

Am I right in thinking only Ellis and the reserves can take an r/r ride?

Yes you are so a right tonking is on the cards.

Surely there was a better guest than Mountain with no disrespect meant?.

11 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Yes you are so a right tonking is on the cards.

Surely there was a better guest than Mountain with no disrespect meant?.

It is going to be a very tough job to get someone to replace Zach ,  it will be very interesting who the replacements are  for the next two home fixtures against Somerset/Leicester.If there are a lack of choices maybe look to the future Tom Brennan could be an option.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 minute ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Why on earth are we not using a guest for Bellego, no Zach and no disrespect to Jack but we are already a 6 man team. 

David Bellego is fifth in Swindon’s averages so the facility available is RR only

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

David Bellego is fifth in Swindon’s averages so the facility available is RR only

What a stupid rule.