British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

16•07•18 - Premiership - Wolverhampton v Swindon

In all my years that I have gone to wolves that has to be one of the worst matches I have ever witnessed, it was dreadful 

• Like 4

Heat 13 and 15 were just about ok the rest not good

Poor meeting with one mistake leading to a pass and one pass in heat 15. 

Very much follow the the leader and spread out. Heaps got points but quite a few were against opposition reserves and fallers. Wolves won comfortably but will face a stronger test against Belle Vue with a full seven back on track

Oh dear DC2.....The wheels have fallen off the Robins wagon again....lol...hahahaha 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Oh dear DC2.....The wheels have fallen off the Robins wagon again....lol...hahahaha 

Nah, we’re trying to throw a few matches so your wobblers can catch up! Who’s riding for you this week?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Nah, we’re trying to throw a few matches so your wobblers can catch up! Who’s riding for you this week?  :)

Trying to lower your averages you mean!!

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Trying to lower your averages you mean!!

What an awful suggestion blue :wink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

In all my years that I have gone to wolves that has to be one of the worst matches I have ever witnessed, it was dreadful 

Totally agree. Been up to Monmore Green  at least a dozen times over the years and that's the worst racing surface I've seen. Having said that the Robins were very poor except for Batchelor (again) and Conor Mountain who did well under the circumstances. Think this performance will prompt Rosco into making some changes.

17 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Jon Cook is adamant in this weeks Speedway Star that the standard of racing in this country is better than ever !

11 minutes ago, New Science said:

Jon Cook is adamant in this weeks Speedway Star that the standard of racing in this country is better than ever !

Some is, I would say it’s not much different to what it’s always been but for whatever reason last night was awful 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DC2 said:

As long as it ain’t any of them Swindon no hopers we’ll be ok!!..... :lol:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, New Science said:

Around the country there isn't much change. We were spoiled at Monmore in the past... not the case anymore.

21 hours ago, New Science said:

I wonder what he puts The Great Fan Exodus down to then? If it were better than Poland, Sweden or anywhere else for that matter the terraces would be heaving! OR even as good as 50 years ago.  It is not rose-tinted glasses that drew me back time and time again to tracks all over the country between 1965 ( when I really started travelling to away matches as a fan of speedway racing - not just my own team ) and 2000. After that, it was local matches only ( around East Anglia ). Once four matches in a day. The love affair is nearly over.

21 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I wonder what he puts The Great Fan Exodus down to then? If it were better than Poland, Sweden or anywhere else for that matter the terraces would be heaving! OR even as good as 50 years ago.  It is not rose-tinted glasses that drew me back time and time again to tracks all over the country between 1965 ( when I really started travelling to away matches as a fan of speedway racing - not just my own team ) and 2000. After that, it was local matches only ( around East Anglia ). Once four matches in a day. The love affair is nearly over.

You go back much further than me but like you the long love affair with League speedway in Britain is over. Only GP's for me now

• Like 1