British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester v Kings Lynn Monday July 16th

Hope Ty is fit, will  need him for two of Kerr's rides and probably one of Simon Lambert's. Anything S Lambert scores will be a bonus

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

Hope Ty is fit, will  need him for two of Kerr's rides and probably one of Simon Lambert's. Anything S Lambert scores will be a bonus

Should be,he rode at Peterborough today.

Ty  had a guest booking for the Tigers at the Showground, scoring 1,2,2,2. In the same meeting MPT scored 3,0,2,3,3 for the Panthers. While Simon Lambert got 4+2 from 4 riding at No.2,  1,1,2,0

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

11 hours ago, Haza said:

How low has interest sunk in KL Speedway? Fans not aware the Stars are away at Leicester tomorrow- updates on up coming meetings on social media none existent whoever in charge of that needs to be shown the door . With Lambert win last night in the European Championship you’d have thought the club would be milking that for all it’s worth and up coming meetings but no - then they wonder why fans walk away - sadly can see the club is entering the usual pattern of the last few seasons let’s get the season  over and done with asap 

I haven't posted much of late, as always being accused of negativity,  but Jesus Christ, can the communication and enthusiasm from the club get much worse.   All this talk in the off season about new body's being brought in to move the club forward,  what has happened to everything.     There is no interest, no motivation, no nothing, its as if they are not bothered. 

This must be the biggest turnoff period I can remember for a long time..      If they cant be bothered to  inform fans of forth coming meetings  then you cant blame them fans who turn their backs.  They only have themselves to blame.  

NB.  Many congratulations to Robert winning the other night . A truly wonderful achievement .     Pity the KLS don't take a leaf out of your book and be more pro-active for a change...    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrss said:

Don't be surprised if one of te Stars heat leaders doesn't make it to Leicester for tomorrow's meeting.

I’d already thought that myself Monday night speedway in the UK id a pain in backside when you’ve a Tuesday night meeting in Sweden- but we shall see could be just you and me being cynical 

Less of a pain when there was no Poland today though.

If this does happen then whoever it is needs to be sacked if they ride Tuesday. If not it's more forum tittle tattle and Chinese whispers which help nobody.

Sorry but if you are a fan you knew we were riding at Leicester tomorrow it’s on the fixture list for Christ sake and to be fair once Simon Lambert was announced it was pretty obvious what the team would be.

To be honest did any Stars fan need to be told by social media that we was riding Leicester tomorrow and what the team would be, surely not. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Sorry but if you are a fan you knew we were riding at Leicester tomorrow it’s on the fixture list for Christ sake and to be fair once Simon Lambert was announced it was pretty obvious what the team would be.

To be honest did any Stars fan need to be told by social media that we was riding Leicester tomorrow and what the team would be, surely not. 

Thick ones might need constantly reminding.

37 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

No. Internet helps. I suppose some still don't have it.

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

Bit of a clue in the title Promoter should be promoting speedway - speedway promoters  in general put 0 effort in on that - and wasn’t much interest in this meeting till Racers and Royals opened this thread yesterday morning that really says it all and I wasn’t the only one that didn’t even no we was riding - so much for pre season promises that things will change from Brundle- yes I agree if your a big Stars fan like your self you’d no there is a meeting tonight but surely speedway needs to be trying to attract as many fans as possible to meetings. 

Good luck to the Stars tonight with a bit of luck can see an away win . 

7 hours ago, Clive Ward said:

That's no excuse !     Years ago when there was no social media  we got far more news from our local paper  than what we do now from the internet.     For just a small amount of input from the club it would be so easy to post all information the fans want to know and the effort would be rewarded  100 times, but if the truth be known,  they cant be bothered....

Probably, more organised then most ,   My calender has all the fixtures pencilled in,  so was fully aware of the Stars schedule.   but I had no knowledge of the teams, merely  guesswork.   As with  other teams I was waiting news of a replacement for Kerr , but I should have known better what the outcome would be.

So please don't try and justify KLS inadequacies,    We are not asking for the world,  just t be kept informed....       Is that expecting too much ???? 

• Like 2

I think most lynn fans knew. Just most don’t use the forum! 

id be happy with a point from this! If our guys all fire at once then who knows. Maybe more.

the forum isn’t really a gage for enthusiasm. It’s just a good place for a moan

Lynn are doing alright this season. Come the final tally I think we will be playoff bound

22 minutes ago, g13webb said:

So please don't try and justify KLS inadequacies,    We are not asking for the world,  just t be kept informed....       Is that expecting too much ???? 

Yes. That is the answer we get from the facts. The website is updated when Pearson has time and he is always very busy. Nothing will change for the better,  in the way that KLS interacts with its fans, while Buster is the owner.

7 hours ago, Long Eye said:

Thick ones might need constantly reminding.

With the current state of attendances in UK speedway, the IQ, gender, race, colour or creed of paying customers hardly matters.

• Like 1