British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester v Kings Lynn Monday July 16th

Looks like being another tough one for Leicester with Ty Proctor at reserve. Don't expect him to do a Klindt but he is better than Leicester's reserves and will most likely be given 7 rides.

17 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Looks like being another tough one for Leicester with Ty Proctor at reserve. Don't expect him to do a Klindt but he is better than Leicester's reserves and will most likely be given 7 rides.

And it will depend on which Iversen turns up

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

And it will depend on which Iversen turns up

Or which Bjerre, he's been pretty average so far, needs to up his game.R/R for Kerr makes KL much stronger & with Proctor at reserve makes them favourites.

What a lot of you are forgetting is that most promotions and KL in particular don't give a toss about riding away from home, why would KL promote Leicester's meeting? This has been evident in the last couple of years by the standard of the team KL have sent to Leicester, heck they can't even be bothered to inform the fans at a home meeting (vs Leicester) about what was happening let alone away from home.

As for tonight, it's a tough one... do I travel the mile up the road on what's looking like being a nice evening hand over my £18 to watch 13 gate and go heats with the possibility of a sun delay and come home covered in dust? Or do I sit at home with a Pizza and a Beer watching the action from the NSS?

Edited by iainb

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

What a lot of you are forgetting is that most promotions and KL in particular don't give a toss about riding away from home, why would KL promote Leicester's meeting? This has been evident in the last couple of years by the standard of the team KL have sent to Leicester, heck they can't even be bothered to inform the fans at a home meeting (vs Leicester) about what was happening let alone away from home.

As for tonight, it's a tough one... do I travel the mile up the road on what's looking like being a nice evening hand over my £18 to watch 13 gate and go heats with the possibility of a sun delay and come home covered in dust? Or do I sit at home with a Pizza and a Beer watching the action from the NSS?

Up to Leicester to promote their home meetings.

They will have had the King's Lynn team for some days in advance – no reason why they can't publicise it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

No contest, No brainer. The NSS racing will be SO much better. Get the one with pineapple on. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Up to Leicester to promote their home meetings.

They will have had the King's Lynn team for some days in advance – no reason why they can't publicise it.

They do. The Leicester website is pretty good at giving up to date information about all the matches or other news. http://www.leicesterlions.co/news.php?extend.31232 It's just on the BSF that Lions fans don't seem to show much interest. 

iainb....................As for tonight, it's a tough one... do I travel the mile up the road on what's looking like being a nice evening hand over my £18 to watch 13 gate and go heats with the possibility of a sun delay and come home covered in dust? Or do I sit at home with a Pizza and a Beer watching the action from the NSS?

You know, like me. that you're a glutton for punishment and will be there. :D Enjoy your Pizza, Beer and Aces match later.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Leicester promotion have publicly come out and said Reserves need to do better - will be tough against Ty Proctor and was really tough against Nicolai Klindt ! Also need to publicly come out and tell Kenneth Bjerre to do better too I reckon - he has hardly shown No 1 form so far this year and needs to do a lot better if Lions are going to do anything this season. We get to Hts 13 and Ht15 usually in front but cannot do against other team big guns ! KL have got Iversen and Lambert .....

PS : Poole next week with guess what Klindt at reserve !

Cheers

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Why do you have to pay a quid more than most people?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Nice weather,  closest team to go away too,  with plenty of time on my hands  I would have usually have  gone to this meeting, (as like like previous years), but when we can sit at home with a beer and watch  BV riding at the NSS afraid there's no contest......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

It's in the BSPA rulebook as a Supplementary Reg, All fans with an opinion not in line with the Promotion and who have an independent outlook, must be charged an additional entrance fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Bump said:

is it only £17? Bargain!

3 hours ago, Robbobee said:

Leicester promotion have publicly come out and said Reserves need to do better - will be tough against Ty Proctor and was really tough against Nicolai Klindt ! Also need to publicly come out and tell Kenneth Bjerre to do better too I reckon - he has hardly shown No 1 form so far this year and needs to do a lot better if Lions are going to do anything this season. We get to Hts 13 and Ht15 usually in front but cannot do against other team big guns ! KL have got Iversen and Lambert .....

PS : Poole next week with guess what Klindt at reserve !

Cheers

Proctor is easily as good as Klindt so could be as good, Leicester reserves are very poor, it is ok to say they need to do better but they don't have the ability. Bjerre looked unbeatable last week in the early races but after his fall he wasn't so good.

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

Nice weather,  closest team to go away too,  with plenty of time on my hands  I would have usually have  gone to this meeting, (as like like previous years), but when we can sit at home with a beer and watch  BV riding at the NSS afraid there's no contest......

Absolutely- it’s a no brainier - up until 12 months ago I’d definitely been at Leicester tonight- not been to KL since July 1st last season so I’m quite happy watching on TV the racing from BV . 

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

Absolutely- it’s a no brainier - up until 12 months ago I’d definitely been at Leicester tonight- not been to KL since July 1st last season so I’m quite happy watching on TV the racing from BV . 

I think we know by now,repetition becomes quite boring over time:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1