British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Leicester v Kings Lynn Monday July 16th

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think we know by now,repetition becomes quite boring over time:rolleyes:

Oh dear - so for that - but I will carry on anyway . 

19 minutes ago, Haza said:

Oh dear - so for that - but I will carry on anyway . 

:t:

• Like 1

This is what could have happened if Poole had got choice of gates last week!! Could of had 4 points!

Edited by foreverblue

Woooo...hooooo - cracking result for the stars :t:

Has the texter been knocked back by Puk at some point :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

Some changes needed for the Lions. Bjerre not good enough and reserves appalling as usual. 

Pretty solid all round by the Stars riders, and the track record goes to NKI :D

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Pretty solid all round by the Stars riders, and the track record goes to NKI :D

Yes indeed great performance.Can't wait now to see Garrity don the the King's Lynn colours next week.

Heat 6 tonight did Simon Lambert really post a time of just .01 outside of NKI's new track record:blink:.According to the updates he did.

Edit: Just seen elsewhere that it was indeed Robert Lambert that won heat 6.Thought we had signed a ringer at no7 there for a minute. 

Edited by tellboy

SGB results show Hans Andersen riding for both teams

RESULTS and scorers from meetings held on Monday July 16, 2018;

PREMIERSHIP
LEICESTER 38: Hans Andersen 11, Ricky Wells 6+1, Charles Wright 6, Kenneth Bjerre 5+1, Krystian Pieszczek 4, James Sarjeant 4, Todd Kurtz 2.
KING’S LYNN 52: Thomas Jorgensen 12+2, Hans Andersen 12, Ty Proctor 11+2, Niels-Kristian Iversen 8+1, Michael Palm Toft 8+1, Simon Lambert 1, Lewis Kerr r/r.

Edited by Midland Red
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Some changes needed for the Lions. Bjerre not good enough and reserves appalling as usual. 

It's those three I'd be looking to change. Bjerre has only averaged 6.4 this season and doesn't look like improving. Surely Lions can use the 15.3 available to replace those three with a stronger trio.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Has the texter been knocked back by Puk at some point :D

No but I have tonight.....

Note to Lions management, next season make Thomas Jorgensen the first rider you  attempt to sign, seems to fly round BP every time he visits, always seems to hit double figures. The Kings Lynn boys were a class above anything the Lions could offer( Andersen apart), Pieszczek's form has dipped dramatically, Bjerre is poor & Kurtz looks like he's riding a lawnmower. 

Our reserves are a concern as we know but Bjerre's scores are simply unacceptable for a No.1. According to my programmes, he has won two races (add in two further paid wins if it makes it look better) in the last 4 home meetings and is struggling to hit his CMA for performances on his home track. Whilst BP, as we are constantly reminded by all speedway followers, is supposedly all about gating, it appears that nobody told the KL riders that tonight. Bjerre has been referred to as a 'gating tart', but as a No. 1 you should be able to come from the back on your own track in some races. Top riders can make passes at Leicester, fact (seen it too often from visiting riders). The heat where Nielsen took Bjerre on the run in to the flag was the race of the night, but I asked myself, could Bjerre ever do that to an opposing rider? From what I've seen this season the answer is an emphatic no. If he doesn't gate first, bend 2 of the first lap seems to be the last effort he will make to pass. Being brutally honest, I do not think he has the bottle/desire to chase a rider down, which usually means being prepared to leave the throttle open a split second longer than the rider in front and being prepared to change your racing line. KB simply does not deliver from what I've seen this season.

Regardless of my opinion, its about points/results.

• Like 1