British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Chanpionship Pairs Somerset Friday 20th

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Yep sums it up im afraid, it would maybe be no bad thing if the season is over and done with asap.

What next season brings can only be better hopefully.

Only if we overcome the naivety of this years signing policy. Despite two team changes the problem that is Harris still exists as does Sarjeant. 

Presumably Klindt missed the gate in the final :D  #GT

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yep

once again the underdogs step up their game . well done ty and nicolai . soope...r dooper .   ,marras .  :t:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moranboys said:

lot worrying if you go on the met office forecast.heavy rain from 8 onwards.going to set off in an hour from chesterfield but have my doubts.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

as did a lot of riders lol .... .heat 16  included . .lol.... but thats what speedway is all about . innit ?

remind us all again who was in the final ..

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

I only went as I'm on holiday in the area and it was a chance to catch up with my good buddy Paulco and other folk I haven't seen for close on 5 years!

It's been beach weather everyday this week until this evening!You just couldn't make it up!!

Congratulations to Sheffield Tigers(the last time I went the OTA Sheffield won the Pairs event too v Brummies).

Talking with a long established rider(someone I used to sponsor)who was telling me how really knackered British speedway has become.He actually is thinking of throwing it all in!!How has speedway in the UK reached this level?

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, jenga said:

as did a lot of riders lol .... .heat 16  included . .lol.... but thats what speedway is all about . innit ?

remind us all again who was in the final ..

:D

12 hours ago, bluejam said:

How has speedway in the UK reached this level?

Long time fiddling while Rome burned.

Great entertainment down at the OTA Friday with ex Rebel Charles Wright and regular guest Kyle Howarth coming out on top. The racing was keen fast and fair, and we had the bonus of the whole thing being done and dusted in under two hours. Well done to all involved in moving it along. Track was good which encouraged some fine racing and passing. MPT was great value as was Schlein, although I was disappointed with Nicholls and Harris. Chris in particular was miles behind just getting to the first corner. I was happy for Charles to win, his altercation with Gary is hopefully behind both of them, and you could see his joy at the end of the final. For me as always, great to see Ian , Dave , Bernard, Di, Anita and Mark although didn’t spot Aron, was you there !

just back from a great weekend of speedway with the highlight being our pairs win.charles and kyle were really up for it and the fact that not a last place was posted by our dynamic duo just goes to show the understanding that these boys have racing as a pair.superb night and well done.utt

• Like 1