British Speedway Forum
DC2

Are Poole’s team changes fair?

19 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Our crap crowds are better than most clubs good crowds.. Its called ambition mate.. but at the same time you live within your means..All our signings are above board and within the averages. You stop that and you will kill speedway stone dead simulary if you drop the team building average you will freeze out a lot of the riders that are left in this country.. Its a real problem with Poland, but you have to make the best of what you can get.. But imo there has to be mighty changes at this years AGM imo.

As per usual you miss the point. Personally I don't agree with you about your rubbish crowds as been to Poole when you have been losing and its been embarrassing. BUT if you are losing and getting 1000 less than normal then that has a massive factor on finances if you have budgeted for more. If you had been made to stick with that awful 1-7 this season you would lose a packet of cash as less people would turn up. Therefore I don't agree with anyone who says that changes shouldn't be allowed. 

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Im sure if crowd figures were ever issued I would be proved right. Let's face the racing at Swindon is dog plop now so why would anyone go and watch a losing team when its awful racing as well. Die hards will go whenever. But these people who magically appear when its a tenner or we have Poole wont be back.

I agree totally about the quality of racing at the Abbey it has been very poor for quite along time now.But you prove my point about the entertainment element that needs to be sorted before you worry about the team.Personally i want to see good racing from week to week results are secondary are you happy to win everyweek  but be served up with crap racing.

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

As per usual you miss the point. Personally I don't agree with you about your rubbish crowds as been to Poole when you have been losing and its been embarrassing. BUT if you are losing and getting 1000 less than normal then that has a massive factor on finances if you have budgeted for more. If you had been made to stick with that awful 1-7 this season you would lose a packet of cash as less people would turn up. Therefore I don't agree with anyone who says that changes shouldn't be allowed. 

Thats up to you to think what you like. Finances play a big part in speedway, same as sponsorship but you still live within your means. Eh, you was incinuating changes shouldnt  be allowed, or was that just for poole... Nevermind eh, make the most of your time sitting on the top..:rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

35 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats up to you to think what you like. Finances play a big part in speedway, same as sponsorship but you still live within your means. Eh, you was incinuating changes shouldnt  be allowed, or was that just for poole... Nevermind eh, make the most of your time sitting on the top..:rofl:

You are honestly the thickest person I've ever had the misfortune of communicating with. Someone suggested changes shouldn't be allowed which I disagree with. For all clubs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, lewy said:

Star man the grand master of "missing the point":rolleyes:

Unbelievable. He's one of those stupid people who makes normal people start to doubt themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

You are honestly the thickest person I've ever had the misfortune of communicating with. Someone suggested changes shouldn't be allowed which I disagree with. For all clubs. 

I started the thread suggesting a limit of two tactical changes. Otherwise come the end of the season a team could have seven completely different riders and can you really then say that that “team” won the league? The cut off date for changes has helped but why not just say “only two changes” from the start? Swindon (or Wolves or Belle Vue) could keep the same team, finish top of the league and then lose in the final to fourth placed Poole who have used 12 different riders. It’s like buying the title rather than working hard for it.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Good your not so clever yourself...Your now on block.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Apart from watching rubbish ..... compared to what I used to see (from 1974 onwards) ...... one of the reasons I don't go is the (extremely high) risk of standing next to people who think they know everything but are in fact utterly clueless. 

19 minutes ago, nobber junior said:

Apart from watching rubbish ..... compared to what I used to see (from 1974 onwards) ...... one of the reasons I don't go is the (extremely high) risk of standing next to people who think they know everything but are in fact utterly clueless. 

I think you'll find there's now a plaque with your name on it in the space between Shovlar and Starman.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Good your not so clever yourself...Your now on block.

Starry.If someone said that to me i'd inbox em to sort it out. Before blocking them, but that's me ? We are all speedway fans, well 90% are.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Starry.If someone said that to me i'd inbox em to sort it out. Before blocking them, but that's me ? We are all speedway fans, well 90% are.

There is nothing to sort out. Time after time he replies to people based on him reading the original post incorrectly and then when you call him out on it he just keeps defending himself rather than admit hes wrong. I stand by what I said and an inbox message won't change my mind!

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Cant stand people like that mate. If they dont like how Matt ford works then they have two choices, 1, dont read the thread, 2 dont come on here, simple really.And to start a thread is just pure jealousy if the truth was told. Every club have the same options, but every club MUST live within there means nowadays... There are a lot of good posters on here, you included but its being ruined by a small minority who just dont like Poole full stop. If i see notifications from known poole haters and wind up merchants i ignore them. He's still blocked.

Edited by Starman2006

58 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Cant stand people like that mate. If they dont like how Matt ford works then they have two choices, 1, dont read the thread, 2 dont come on here, simple really.And to start a thread is just pure jealousy if the truth was told. Every club have the same options, but every club MUST live within there means nowadays... There are a lot of good posters on here, you included but its being ruined by a small minority who just dont like Poole full stop. If i see notifications from known poole haters and wind up merchants i ignore them. He's still blocked.

If you actually read what was written you’d see that both the OP and the person you are kicking off about are NOT attacking Poole - it’s a discussion about the rules allowing any team to make too many tactical changes :rolleyes:

• Like 1

every non Poole fan knows the rules are bullsh7t and that at some time or another than are going to get "pushed/pulled" to the limit.

At least with all these changes Golden Head Neil will be smiling on tv again!