British Speedway Forum
DC2

Are Poole’s team changes fair?

I think at this moment in bomber may be just the cheaper option rather than linus why would linus stand down because of his form i thought he would be quite happy how he is riding in the UK at the moment? 

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think at this moment in bomber may be just the cheaper option rather than linus why would linus stand down because of his form i thought he would be quite happy how he is riding in the UK at the moment? 

Because he feels his form in other leagues is suffering.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Because he feels his form in other leagues is suffering.

Simple then drop one of his other leagues thenB)

1 minute ago, therefused said:

Matt Ford could tell the Poole fans that grass was blue and they would believe him. 

Yup, this is true.

9 minutes ago, therefused said:

Matt Ford could tell the Poole fans that grass was blue and they would believe him. 

Not me though

19 minutes ago, therefused said:

Some of them! Personally as you may know I am not for blindly sticking up for Matt Ford but I don't believe that Linus going is his doing.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

This thread is not about operating within the rules to your advantage, it’s about changing a rule to make the PL fairer and speedway in general better. A limit of two tactical changes would prevent teams from being Johnny Come Latelies and buying the title in August and would encourage continuity of riders and consequent fan loyalty.

Like Swindon did with Musiliak.

This whole thread has DC2 running scared written all over it. All the P taking he has been doing on every Poole thread looks like it’s going to come back and bite him on his jacksy, very hard. With the robins falling apart at the seams and losing how many away meetings on the bounce? It’s squeeky bum time in the Cook household.

:lol:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Like Swindon did with Musiliak.

Not quite. Musielak came in on 7 July as our second tactical change. Perfectly acceptable, just as I suggested at the start of the thread.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Not quite. Musielak came in on 7 July as our second tactical change. Perfectly acceptable, just as I suggested at the start of the thread.

So will you change your tune - or even the thread title - when Swindon announce their 2 or 3 changes tomorrow?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So your whole ethos on 2 tactical changes is based on Swindon only doing two last season! 

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

So will you change your tune - or even the thread title - when Swindon announce their 2 or 3 changes tomorrow?

No, I won’t. I don’t want my club to descend to Poole’s level and if they do I will not support such a move.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

So your whole ethos on 2 tactical changes is based on Swindon only doing two last season! 

No, that’s coincidence. I hadn’t checked.

• Like 1

I think Poole have made two tactical changes.

Yes they have replaced James Shanes and Mateusz Szcepaniak and these were tactical. Shane's replaced by Nicolai Klindt and Mateusz by Frederick Jacobsen. All within the points limit.

The case of bringing in Richie Worrall and Chris Harris is totally different.

Chris Holder was chosen for the team but because of the well documented reasons he could not take his place. Peter Kildemand was brought in as a temporary replacement until Chris Holder had settled his problems. This did not happen so Peter stated he could not carry on in the UK. Richie was signed as a replacement for Chris. 

Linus Sundstrom decided he could not ride in four leagues and wanted to drop the UK. He had been improving but the stain was too much. Chris Harris who was out of a job came in. Neither of these can be described as tactical.

All this and the Poole team are still 0.29 under the the 42.50 limit.

I know some people do not like Poole but in this case how have they bought improvement.

In fact Poole must of saved money. Air fares would be being paid for Kildeman, Sundstrom and Szczepaniak. Now only for Jacobsen as Klindt, Worrall and Harris are all UK based.

• Thanks 1