British Speedway Forum
DC2

Are Poole’s team changes fair?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

We never choose such a bad team in the first place!

Seriously, I think tactical changes should be limited to three and that’s it.

How good was that 2011 Swindon side?.......Now remind me, where did they finish in the league that year whilst the Pirates were winning their fourth Elite League title??

• Like 1

Weak at the beginning, strong at the end. It’s a regular process due to the play offs. Turns many diehards away unfortunately. 

I’m baffled every year why people seem surprised. 

41 minutes ago, ouch said:

Weak at the beginning, strong at the end. It’s a regular process due to the play offs. Turns many diehards away unfortunately. 

I’m baffled every year why people seem surprised. 

We have ambition, does your lot ? All above board sunshine..

• Like 2

I think team's should have to stick with the team that's declared at the beginning of the season and only replace riders who are out through injury longer than 28 days with a new rider. Pooles team building pre season  has been poor for at least a couple of seasons but they have certainly improved by strengthening up mid season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

I think team's should have to stick with the team that's declared at the beginning of the season and only replace riders who are out through injury longer than 28 days with a new rider. Pooles team building pre season  has been poor for at least a couple of seasons but they have certainly improved by strengthening up mid season.

So you just want Poole punished, not's what best for the league?

Read the post it starts "I THINK TEAMS" not "I THINK POOLE" I did say however that pooled initial  declared line up at the beginning of the season has been poor. Do you understand now!!!

6 minutes ago, lewy said:

Can't agree with that. Speedway is on its @rse as it is and if teams were made to stick to with an awful team then how many would go bust. We all know that Poole cant get a crowd in when they are losing. My own club Swindon is the same. The crowds were awful at the start of 2017 until we got Musi in and started winning. We lost money as it was last season. Can only imagine what would have happened if we had to stick with the original 1-7. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Can't agree with that. Speedway is on its @rse as it is and if teams were made to stick to with an awful team then how many would go bust. We all know that Poole cant get a crowd in when they are losing. My own club Swindon is the same. The crowds were awful at the start of 2017 until we got Musi in and started winning. We lost money as it was last season. Can only imagine what would have happened if we had to stick with the original 1-7. 

Yes I guess you have a good point maybe team changes should be limited  to maybe 1 possibly 2 a season as has been suggested earlier in this thread

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Our crap crowds are better than most clubs good crowds.. Its called ambition mate.. but at the same time you live within your means..All our signings are above board and within the averages. You stop that and you will kill speedway stone dead simulary if you drop the team building average you will freeze out a lot of the riders that are left in this country.. Its a real problem with Poland, but you have to make the best of what you can get.. But imo there has to be mighty changes at this years AGM imo.

Edited by Starman2006

"Changes" Other than Bomber in, Sundstrom out, what others have been made? Or are we talking "Changes" this season, not just now.....? 

Just now, Shale Searcher said:

"Changes" Other than Bomber in, Sundstrom out, what others have been made? Or are we talking "Changes" this season, not just now.....? 

Read the post mate. Like for like, nothing wrong with that, changes up the top imo.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Read the post mate. Like for like, nothing wrong with that, changes up the top imo.

You missed my point, is it just over the Bomber in, Sundstrom out that has caused the cafuffle? Or the gross changes so far this season? Personally I think it's a good move bringing Bomber in...... All the changes are within the regs, no rules broke, don't really see people's gripe? 

33 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I don't agree with that to be honest,  winning is not everything and personally i don't know anybody who stops going  just because of the results.Also Swindon as a whole over the years there crowds have  held up pretty well i think the biggest problem for me is the fixture list lack of meetings sometimes up to a month without a meeting.People then get used to not going and find other things to spend there money on often then just picking and choosing there meetings.There needs to weekly racing and the entertainment element  should  come before winning/losing some people are obsessed with winning i just don't get that part.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

You missed my point, is it just over the Bomber in, Sundstrom out that has caused the cafuffle? Or the gross changes so far this season? Personally I think it's a good move bringing Bomber in...... All the changes are within the regs, no rules broke, don't really see people's gripe? 

Yup i agree, nobody can moan, but they will ..:t:

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

I don't agree with that to be honest winning is not everything and personally I don't know anybody who stops going  just because of the results.Also Swindon as a whole over the years there crowds have  held up pretty well i think the biggest problem for me is the fixture list lack of meetings sometimes up to a month without a meeting.People then get used to not going and find other things to spend there money on often then just picking and choosing there meetings.There needs to weekly racing and the entertainment element  should  come before winning/losing some people are obsessed with winning i just don't get that part.

Im sure if crowd figures were ever issued I would be proved right. Let's face the racing at Swindon is dog plop now so why would anyone go and watch a losing team when its awful racing as well. Die hards will go whenever. But these people who magically appear when its a tenner or we have Poole wont be back.