British Speedway Forum
DC2

Are Poole’s team changes fair?

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

If you actually read what was written you’d see that both the OP and the person you are kicking off about are NOT attacking Poole - it’s a discussion about the rules allowing any team to make too many tactical changes :rolleyes:

Then why include Poole in the title of the thread?  If anyone wants to make a general point about the number of changes that could/should be made then put it under general discussion.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Surely at the end of the day it's about rider's performing and doing the job they are employed to do.

Nope, Shanes and Szzzzpaniak were dropped despite increasing their averages, whereas Kurtz and Grajczonek have decreased theirs but been retained.

• Like 2

Just now, DC2 said:

Nope, Shanes and Szzzzpaniak were dropped despite increasing their averages, whereas Kurtz and Grajczonek have decreased theirs but been retained.

Correct James was a scapegoat 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Then why include Poole in the title of the thread?  If anyone wants to make a general point about the number of changes that could/should be made then put it under general discussion.

Because Poole are the biggest offenders this season (and, indeed, most seasons). But surely it’s a valid topic of discussion?

How would you have felt if Sweden had signed the Brazil team before our World Cup quarter final?

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Because Poole are the biggest offenders this season (and, indeed, most seasons). But surely it’s a valid topic of discussion?

How would you have felt if Sweden had signed the Brazil team before our World Cup quarter final?

That is not a relevant comparison. They are national teams.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Erm DC you can not compare speedway league to the football world cup. For one point football have squads so they can make 11 changes if they want to in one go! And also they are different nationalities.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Szczpaniak  had dropped his form  but Shanes I didn't agree with.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That is not a relevant comparison. They are national teams.

But what if the rules allowed it? For that matter they could say you can sign any player from any team that has been knocked out. Sweden under Matt Ford could have signed an all star team with Messi and Ronaldo etc, while England could have been Swindon and stuck with their starting team.

Even if the rules allowed it, it doesn’t seem right, does it?

Just had a quick look. Over the last three seasons Poole have used 34 riders and Swindon 24.

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Cant stand people like that mate. If they dont like how Matt ford works then they have two choices, 1, dont read the thread, 2 dont come on here, simple really.And to start a thread is just pure jealousy if the truth was told. Every club have the same options, but every club MUST live within there means nowadays... There are a lot of good posters on here, you included but its being ruined by a small minority who just dont like Poole full stop. If i see notifications from known poole haters and wind up merchants i ignore them. He's still blocked.

This post sums it all up. Absolutely clueless and just proves my point earlier in a reply to BB.

And why speedway no longer commands respect from the majority of lost fans of the sport.

A completely different mentality will have to be introduced to save this sport from self interested promoters and I’m including ALL promoters in this rant!

First off I will say that I support Poole and have done so for over thirty years, my own personal view is that with the riders racing all over Europe the "Team" element is all but a name. Promoters seem quick these days to sack or temporarily remove riders at will regardless of how they are performing but at the end of the day its results that count. No one wants to see their team get beaten week in week out and promoters would be facing financial suicide if they were to leave the team unchanged. As the riders themselves say its a numbers game, I don't agree with all the changes but if it is within the rules then that is how it is until new rules are implemented by the powers that be.

6 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Cant stand people like that mate. If they dont like how Matt ford works then they have two choices, 1, dont read the thread, 2 dont come on here, simple really.And to start a thread is just pure jealousy if the truth was told. Every club have the same options, but every club MUST live within there means nowadays... There are a lot of good posters on here, you included but its being ruined by a small minority who just dont like Poole full stop. If i see notifications from known poole haters and wind up merchants i ignore them. He's still blocked.

Starman just because you might be a happy clapper, if someone disagrees with Matt Ford's actions they are well within their right to voice their opinion. It's attitudes like that, that basically tells the fans to 'Shut up... like it or lump it' that has left Speedway in the sorry state it's currently in. In this day and age, if someone isn't happy because their favourite rider has been given the chop they should be able to speak up and say what they think. We don't all have clap along with our program boards held aloft because Matt Ford or any other promotor told us to.

For what it's worth, I don't think there should be a limit on rider changes. The season is shorter now and it's a results based business so everyone should be entitled to track what they believe is the strongest possible team.

Starman wants a one team league, win at all costs, never a chance of reasoned debate, the like it or lump it scenario is why speedway is on the precipice it is at the moment.

• Like 1