British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tapeworm

Away points won minus home points lost - an update

Logic says extend the cut off date.

• Like 1

Hoping worky make it...even if my own team don't....would be shocking injustice if they don't take their place in the play offs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TonyE said:

Logic says extend the cut off date.

It has been already hasnt it ? - from 9th to 16th

3 hours ago, Tapeworm said:
As at Sunday 2nd September, also showing remaining fixtures and dates where known:-

1  Workington +12      - Red(H) 8th, New(H) 8th, Pet(A) 14th, New(A) 16th, Lak(H) TBA 
2= Peterborough +11 - Lak(A) 8th, Ber(H) 9th, Wor(A) 14th.
2= Lakeside +11         - Edin(A) 7th, Pet(H) 8th, Gla(H) 14th, New(H) 15th, Wor(A) TBA 
4   Edi +8                      - Lak(H) 7th, Gla(A) 11th, Ber(H) 14th.
5= Ipswich +6             - Gla(A) 4th, Ber(H) 6th, Gla(H) 13th.
5= Glasgow +6           - Ips(H) 4th, Edi(H) 11th, Ips(A) 13th, Lak(A) 14th.
7= Berwick 0              - Ips(A) 6th, Pet(A) 9th, Edi(A) 14th.
7= Newcastle 0         - Wor(A) 8th, Scu(H) 9th, Lak(A) 15th, Wor(H) 16th.
9   Scunthorpe -6      - New(A) 9th.
10 Redcar -7             - She(H) 7th, Wor(A) 8th.
11 Sheffield -14        - Red(A) 7th.    
E&OE

Cut off for play-offs is at midnight on 16th. A few teams will be praying for no rain offs of home fixtures, especially Workington on 8th and Lakeside on 14th/15th, as unconcluded home fixtures will count as -3 each on this table, and there are few options for re-staging. Could be quite a rumpus coming from Cumbria after their enforced mid-season fixtures alterations!

Squeaky derriere time!

err , Workington fixture v Peterborough is not an away fixture , its @ workington .

1 hour ago, jenga said:

err , Workington fixture v Peterborough is not an away fixture , its @ workington .

Quite right. It was too much to hope I'd make no typos. Now corrected.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/fixture-confirmation/

Not sure if I am reading this correct but I think this article means that the Lakeside vs Peterborough match won't be held before the cut off date.  I also cannot see how Workington vs Lakeside will be held before the cut off date.  This means Lakeside will only manage 3 more meetings, away to Edinburgh and then home to Glasgow and Newcastle.  If they fail to get any points at Edinburgh on Friday that would mean they are vulnerable when they should be stick on for the play offs.

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th September?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scotchopper said:

Not sure if I am reading this correct but I think this article means that the Lakeside vs Peterborough match won't be held before the cut off date.  I also cannot see how Workington vs Lakeside will be held before the cut off date.  This means Lakeside will only manage 3 more meetings, away to Edinburgh and then home to Glasgow and Newcastle.  If they fail to get any points at Edinburgh on Friday that would mean they are vulnerable when they should be stick on for the play offs.

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th Septem

Dodgy weather forecast for Armadale on Friday atm - wonder if they will try to lay the  track covers beforehand, as they did last Season, I think against Ippo?

As the Hammers will not now have a fixture on the Saturday,  perhaps this  date should also be pencilled in as a contingency date at Armadale, should Friday fall foul of the rain?

14 hours ago, scotchopper said:

Weather permitting they look like the only 2 meetings featuring the top 7 that won't fit in before the cut off assuming it is 16th September?

This Lakeside situation is just a shambles,they would be as closing the doors after the cut -off date if they don't make it through.They will still be racing in Dec the way things have gone.

• Like 1

Just the typical farcical end to the cut off as happens every year...............

Quite incredible ............. the warmest driest summer in history .............  and everyone only had to arrange 10 home meetings to arrange ...........  frankly there are no excuses for anyone not completing by the 16th

And actually I think it would be the best thing for the sport if a team doesn't get into the playoffs due to its inability to complete them in time......

The cut off date should be clearly stated at the beginning of the season and stuck too only exception if its a wet summer and there are many rain offs ......

geez the league cup semi's haven't been done ......... and the 1st round of the knock out cup still not completed

why promoters want to race in freezing October with lights on .....  as opposed to the summer in the daylight is beyond me ...... well done Berwick for completing their league during August

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Just the typical farcical end to the cut off as happens every year...............

Quite incredible ............. the warmest driest summer in history .............  and everyone only had to arrange 10 home meetings to arrange ...........  frankly there are no excuses for anyone not completing by the 16th

And actually I think it would be the best thing for the sport if a team doesn't get into the playoffs due to its inability to complete them in time......

The cut off date should be clearly stated at the beginning of the season and stuck too only exception if its a wet summer and there are many rain offs ......

geez the league cup semi's haven't been done ......... and the 1st round of the knock out cup still not completed

why promoters want to race in freezing October with lights on .....  as opposed to the summer in the daylight is beyond me ...... well done Berwick for completing their league during August

Spot on from start to finish , farcical is the only way to describe it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

What is the big rush !! Some teams season finished in August..I can remember going to meetings in October, play-offs always to be end of Sept cut-off...That wonderful board of people BSPA i think they call it :rolleyes: pull the plug on 3 teams Friday's fixtures which were agreed so all had to be re-arranged. Have you ever thought Rider availability comes into it, doubling up ,polish commitments, total ball ache for some teams I know that 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It really shows up what doubling -up and Guests have done to the sport as they both increase every year it seems. Teams can't use an alternative race night nowadays because these factors on many occasions .

• Like 1

The diamonds in 2011 (I think) won 3 cups in October with the KOC being won on October 31st  - and if it had rained that night .. there would have been no winner ..... in fact the diamonds were lucky they could ride 5 rides at home in october

However, speedway does itself no favour by bending the rules .............  no other professional sport extends a deadline to its league

Riders are meant to be available to ride in this league....  if they cant .. they shouldn't agree to ride in the league or the teams employing them should suffer

and Workington I have the least sympathy for .... by the end of June they had raced 2 home meetings ?????

It will happen one season ...........the playoffs (or the KOC) will be washed out in a rainy October  ............  the cut -off date should have stayed at 9th Sept ..... no team had an excuse for not completing the 10 home meetings

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

The diamonds in 2011 (I think) won 3 cups in October with the KOC being won on October 31st  - and if it had rained that night .. there would have been no winner ..... in fact the diamonds were lucky they could ride 5 rides at home in october

However, speedway does itself no favour by bending the rules .............  no other professional sport extends a deadline to its league

Riders are meant to be available to ride in this league....  if they cant .. they shouldn't agree to ride in the league or the teams employing them should suffer

and Workington I have the least sympathy for .... by the end of June they had raced 2 home meetings ?????

It will happen one season ...........the playoffs (or the KOC) will be washed out in a rainy October  ............  the cut -off date should have stayed at 9th Sept ..... no team had an excuse for not completing the 10 home meetings

Hilarious.....:rofl: you haven't got a bloody clue !! 

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, cyclone said:

Dodgy weather forecast for Armadale on Friday atm - wonder if they will try to lay the  track covers beforehand, as they did last Season, I think against Ippo?

As the Hammers will not now have a fixture on the Saturday,  perhaps this  date should also be pencilled in as a contingency date at Armadale, should Friday fall foul of the rain?

if im not wrong Armadale is a Friday only track just like Berwick is Saturdays  only with only 3 Wednesdays allowed for off nights 

unless of coarse sky want to pay a visit then they can manage a Monday night  like has happened in the past