British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

46 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Don’t understand why we’re going with r/r for Danny on Thursday!? Surely could’ve found a more than adequate guest with just Swindon/Somerset riding and an individual at Sheffield.....?????

https://ipswichwitches.co/preview-ipswich-v-redcar-championship/

It's a match we are likely to win easily.  It gives the new riders more rides and therefore more track time and money.  A heat leader guest is likely more expensive.

Just now, chun said:

It's a match we are likely to win easily.  It gives the new riders more rides and therefore more track time and money.  A heat leader guest is likely more expensive.

But also if dare I say we lost a rider to injury during the meeting it leaves us vulnerable.....again! We’ve just lost a meeting to a team we should’ve comfortably beat at home! Let’s face it Workington still only just got it done in the last race! We had no option to bring a guest in for cam but we do for Danny so why not do so - cannot have anymore slip ups if we have any chance of getting in the playoffs

It it a meeting we should win easily, but I've seen that said many times before. Can't afford anyone to be below par or fall off

I'm actually feeling positive about these changes.  It gives us a fighting chance to get to the playoffs.  We are a little vulnerable at reserve initially and there is pressure on Garcia to deliver.  Then again the alternative was to stick with Mountain and he showed little evidence of finding the consistency expected of him for whatever reason.  In the past Louis has been criticised for not being proactive with team changes but this time at least it looks like we have a plan and will potentially peak for the playoffs with Danny and Drew set to come in.

9 minutes ago, chun said:

but this time at least it looks like we have a plan and will potentially peak for the playoffs with Danny and Drew set to come in.

Pubs been open a while where you live? :o

I like chum positive thinking,, the big test is lakeside at home, lose that and it's all over. Not sure how many points people are thinking coty and mark will score? And we need points on road, they don't look very easy to me. Having said that..I'm always a glass half empty bloke. 

Edited by Baldyman

The management were damned if they do damned if they don’t! 

There isn’t an abundance of riders available, it’s clear with the guests available for danyon and mountain at reserve we weren’t going to get the points we needed!

while I’m not bowled over with the changes made the simple fact is riss should do as well as Jeppesen and in truth should score more, Garcia will score more than mountain home and away and when kemp gets in he should get a few points too.

for me the big pressure now is on heeps to do his job and get a minimum of 7 away from home and 9/10 at home every week - if he carries on getting 3 away from Home etc. Then it doesn’t really matter who’s staying or coming in you can forget it!

18 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

The last bit is 100 percent correct about Heeps.  

Think Heeps can consider himself very fortunate he wasn't shown the door 

• Like 1

I assume Heeps must be a golfing partner for CL or RH? 

And I assume Mountain doesn't play golf? 

• Like 3

Come on chaps. Give the promotion some credit. Changes were needed as all agree. Garcia was very good when he raced at ipswich and mark riss beat Danny at ipswich. Also they are def going to score more away than the riders they are replacing as they should know the tracks. Some are way to negative on here

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Come on chaps. Give the promotion some credit. Changes were needed as all agree. Garcia was very good when he raced at ipswich and mark riss beat Danny at ipswich. Also they are def going to score more away than the riders they are replacing as they should know the tracks. Some are way to negative on here

Then on the other hand..... Wallinger is a business man who rides for fun and usually gets a maximum of noughts, Garcia never seems to last long anywhere and Riss has had such a poor season that Edinburgh had no option but to drop him.