British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

Time will tell. And if you dont support the local team and speedway stops then what? Would everyone be happy with no speedway? Also i see no one on here with alternative options. We all know the problems Chris Louis is having and give the guy some credit. There is not a massive list of available riders free. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Time will tell. And if you dont support the local team and speedway stops then what? Would everyone be happy with no speedway? Also i see no one on here with alternative options. We all know the problems Chris Louis is having and give the guy some credit. There is not a massive list of available riders free. 

I made no mention of not supporting a team, I simply pointed out that your rose coloured view of the changes might be over-optimistic. My own alternative option would have been to not make the changes but I understand the reason behind them.

9 minutes ago, stu219 said:

Just had the U21 semi final over here. Lindsey & Kennedy both gave good performances as did Kvech for the czech republic. Any of those could have slotted in for Jeppesen and then a NL rider for Hume like Ruddick, Brennan, Stoneman etc leaving Mountain who has done no wrong alone and give the side a fresh young look that supporters could really get behind.

Oh no...the old what if no speedway line.

So people should support and be positive and overjoyed no matter what.

If speedway goes down the pan it's because whats on offer doesn't appeal to people, maybe for a change it should be put appealing speedway on and people will stay and so will the speedway.

• Like 3

I can't get my head around the Wallinger signing even if it is only for half a dozen meetings. I'm sure somebody in the National league could have been persuaded to gain a bit of experience at our level for a few weeks. 

Being a regular at Mildenhall I would have given someone like Ryan Kingsley a try, he can gate as well! 

• Like 4

We all intitled to our opinions. Thats what these forums  are all about. So come on guys lets hear what changes if any would we all have made allowing for the lack of riders available. As of yet not heard any. And Baldyman i am not looking through rose tinted glasses but i am a speedway supporter of many many many years who enjoys going to speedway and would not be happy if it ceased at ipswich.  I cant comment on Wallinger as not seen him ride but everyone seems to think Drew Kemp is a hot prospect but not available until he is 16

41 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:
Just had the U21 semi final over here. Lindsey & Kennedy both gave good performances as did Kvech for the czech republic. Any of those could have slotted in for Jeppesen.

Neither Lidsey or Kennedy qualify for a visa... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stu219 said:

We all intitled to our opinions. Thats what these forums  are all about. So come on guys lets hear what changes if any would we all have made allowing for the lack of riders available. As of yet not heard any. And Baldyman i am not looking through rose tinted glasses but i am a speedway supporter of many many many years who enjoys going to speedway and would not be happy if it ceased at ipswich.  I cant comment on Wallinger as not seen him ride but everyone seems to think Drew Kemp is a hot prospect but not available until he is 16

I never said you were looking through rose tinted glasses, but people always trot out the if people don't support the speedway it will be lost line, so I'm just flipping it, give the people something they won't want to miss.

Most supporters I know want to see riders that give it all they got, to me we had 2 riders last year just like that, and one was a total crowd pleaser.  Shouldn't have got rid of Nathan or kyle for starters.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

Fair enough baldyman. Dont get me wrong i am and have been a speedway fan and a not very good rider many years ago! And like you i can see how speedway is slowly going down the pan due to maybe 3 0r 4 promoters calling the shots. What this sport needs is someone independant to drag it uphill. All too cozy at the top. Seems to me that promoters thought  hey im losing x amount per meeting so sod it lets half the meetings so half the loses! I am a business owner and know thats not the way to run a business but the so called promoters at the top say they know better. Speedway is going to die in this country unless the so called experts sort themselves out. Dont hold your breath though. But going back to the ipswich changes ,something needed to be done otherwise the season would def be over by the end of august. May still be over but at least Chris is trying

Your Championship is being screwed by the Premiership.

Why don't sharks eat big-league promoters?      

Professional courtesy!   

To be fair to Chris Louis, he’s actually said it’s a bit of a gamble. But, he’s had a go and by all accounts has ran out of his minutes allowance on his mobile! They wanted Drew Kemp in, and I still think it was problematic getting someone to do six meetings only. 

Im not a huge fan of Mark Riss as I’ve already said, and if he was replacing anyone else in the top 5 I would genuinely be scratching my head. But we’ve got to remember who he is replacing here. Mark Riss is currently better than both the riders who’ve occupied the number 2 berth, even allowing his poor form. 

Hartel and Jeppesen May well have better careers and be better riders in the longer term, but right now surely nobody can question that Riss is a better option. 

The biggest problem as Taps rightly says, is the ongoing issue with Danny King. We’ve badly missed his scoring power at the head of the team. Even when he was riding after the injury, he was riding through the pain barrier and scoring poorly. There’s absolutely no question that that’s had a harmful effect on our results. 

I know every team gets injuries and that’s the nature of the sport, but our season seems to get derailed by them every single year! Surely we’ll catch a break one of these seasons..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To be fair to Chris Louis, he’s actually said it’s a bit of a gamble. But, he’s had a go and by all accounts has ran out of his minutes allowance on his mobile! They wanted Drew Kemp in, and I still think it was problematic getting someone to do six meetings only. 

Im not a huge fan of Mark Riss as I’ve already said, and if he was replacing anyone else in the top 5 I would genuinely be scratching my head. But we’ve got to remember who he is replacing here. Mark Riss is currently better than both the riders who’ve occupied the number 2 berth, even allowing his poor form. 

Hartel and Jeppesen May well have better careers and be better riders in the longer term, but right now surely nobody can question that Riss is a better option. 

The biggest problem as Taps rightly says, is the ongoing issue with Danny King. We’ve badly missed his scoring power at the head of the team. Even when he was riding after the injury, he was riding through the pain barrier and scoring poorly. There’s absolutely no question that that’s had a harmful effect on our results. 

I know every team gets injuries and that’s the nature of the sport, but our season seems to get derailed by them every single year! Surely we’ll catch a break one of these seasons..

You'd think so wouldn't you.

13 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Another meeting that will be dragged out with both teams only having 6 riders each....

Lets hope neither side finishes with any less too.....

• Like 1