British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Just the one? Would they be allowed to share maybe?

There are worse rules than that in place so why not :lol:

On 7/17/2018 at 3:13 PM, Super Blue said:

I can't get my head around the Wallinger signing even if it is only for half a dozen meetings. I'm sure somebody in the National league could have been persuaded to gain a bit of experience at our level for a few weeks. 

Being a regular at Mildenhall I would have given someone like Ryan Kingsley a try, he can gate as well! 

I know this is speedway , and we must expect  the utterly ridiculous at times , but Wallinger for god's sake , he is absolutely bloody useless , and will be taking an opportunity away from someone who might have made a go of a chance , I assume  he is paying Ipswich  for the team place because there is no other explanation  for signing him . 

• Like 1

Maybe they didn't ask anyone else?? 

Maybe he is just a case of....Oh well that will do. Who knows. Only Chris will know how many people he asked or didn't ask, and we will never find out.

Alas i cannot make the meeting tomorrow so if Wayne the presenter brings along the drum he promised me last week someone else will have to use it on my behalf till the next home meeting !

• Like 1

He only has to have 3 rides but it does heap pressure on Garcia 

Maybe the crowd will also stay off his back if they know he's only in it for 6 meetings

1 minute ago, Super Blue said:

Alas i cannot make the meeting tomorrow so if Wayne the presenter brings along the drum he promised me last week someone else will have to use it on my behalf till the next home meeting !

Im sure it will get a good bashing if it arrives :t:

Just now, chun said:

He only has to have 3 rides but it does heap pressure on Garcia 

Maybe the crowd will also stay off his back if they know he's only in it for 6 meetings

Wallinger will get no grief from the crowd. All are fully aware he is very unlikely to get a point and will respond accordingly

Hopefully the guy will show enough to get a team berth elsewhere afterwards

Looks like he struggles to get a place in the conference, not going to be helped after walking out on his last club. 

As long as he stays on his bike he may pick up a point when others slide off or break down, but hey he  is keen which is the most important thing.  

Doesn't look the most appealing meeting on paper, but sometimes they turn out to be the best.  Hope that's the case for all the true supporters that will be there.

8 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Another meeting that will be dragged out with both teams only having 6 riders each....

All those purists banging on about seven man teams and shortage of riders for a variety of so called valid reasons but far too often you have a six man team with Mr R/R. Some will simply stay away as they pay to watch seven riders racing not six and something as simple as this is lost on promoters. Not necessarily an Ipswich situation but it does seem that the powers that be have an attitude of put up with it as it is what it is. No wonder punters are voting by not turning up. Sad to say but you reap what you sow promoters.

• Like 2

Both teams rr and number 8 plus we have a rider that's not exactly going to be in the thick of it, yeah I'm staying away, thanks promoters.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Looks like he struggles to get a place in the conference, not going to be helped after walking out on his last club. 

As long as he stays on his bike he may pick up a point when others slide off or break down, but hey he  is keen which is the most important thing.  

Doesn't look the most appealing meeting on paper, but sometimes they turn out to be the best.  Hope that's the case for all the true supporters that will be there.

he cant get an NL team place ,because of his reputation for retiring every other week , and wanting to ride when he feels like it , nobody wants him that's what makes it even more ridiculous 

• Like 1