British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

What has happened to the once mighty witches? 38 - 34 and seemingly finding it tough. Have the team given up or are Redcar in their element tonight. Whatever way you look at it a stronger team would be wiping the floor and you wonder whether the witches will pick up any points away from home let alone make Foxhall a fortress 

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

What has happened to the once mighty witches? 38 - 34 and seemingly finding it tough. Have the team given up or are Redcar in their element tonight. Whatever way you look at it a stronger team would be wiping the floor and you wonder whether the witches will pick up any points away from home let alone make Foxhall a fortress 

they will be okay when the young un comes into play . they hope . own goal by the top sherlock .

Luckily Wall is only a stop=gap though surely someone else (anyone else) would have been better?

• Like 1

Given the comments pre-meeting on here and on the updates site it would appear the supporters of the “once mighty” Witches might want to adjust their expectations down slightly. 

Nice to see an improved away performance from the Bears - TJ and JBA improving after last weeks home horror show.

Told you Mark was very good! 

Monarchs old boys 32 points for ippo - the rest 16!

• Like 1

A very entertaining meeting with some good battles and passing in many heats both inside and out

As for the new boys

Riss was excellent and anything close to that for the rest of the season and it could help the feel good factor return whether we make the play offs or not

Garcia really got stuck in and perhaps tried too hard. Justified his inclusion with a score that matched that totalled from both reserves together from most fuxtures to date

Wallinger so far out of his depth I expected filming for Baywatch to take place in the interval

• Like 1

Well, it was a win but I really can't decide what to make of the performance. 

You can probably argue that without the changes we may well have lost that but surely Lakeside will be a much stiffer test which is worrying.

Was that a much better performance than the Bears have been putting in this season or were we apart from Riss just too inconsistent again at the top end.

What can you say about Wallinger - I never thought I would see a worse rider than Karol Baran in a Witches team but I did tonight. Was there really no thrusting young buck riding in the NL who was prepared to jump at the chance of six meetings in the CL to prove that he could cut it at that level?

I know Drew Kemp was riding around on his own but he looked considerably quicker than Wallinger.

Edited by JamesB
  • Like 1

Karol Baran was a superstar compared to Andre Pollen and Jurgen Hultgren :lol:

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Maybe none were asked, and maybe this chap is doing it cheap, very cheap. 

Based on what I saw tonight, I hope he is paying us for the pleasure of having a few laps around Foxhall. 

• Haha 2

Let's hope Riss doesn't up his average too much, keep it low for next year.

Let's hope Riss doesn't up his average too much, keep it low for next year.

Rather a silly thought . Surely you would want your riders to score as many points as possible Isn't that what Speedway is about which is to win matches not only for your team but for your wages as well

Win matches scoring as many points as possible? Oh yeah, you can see exactly that with the inclusion of wallbanger 

To be fair would’ve been a little more comfortable had nico not suffered a puncture when leading and if rory hadn’t cut nico off in 15 then he was going round both and would’ve been a 4-2 also stopping Redcar getting a point - although not a big win we were ahead from heat 1 and generally in control throughout, riss looked good all night, Garcia a good start and should get better on the Home track in the next few weeks

I know Wallinger is a stop gap etc. But from what I’ve seen today the only points he’s gonna get will be inherited via exclusions and retirements - puts a lot of pressure on the other guys knowing we’ve either gotta win with 6 riders or 5 when running r/r for Danny!