British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

22 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Rather a silly thought . Surely you would want your riders to score as many points as possible Isn't that what Speedway is about which is to win matches not only for your team but for your wages as well

Not always the case.... a rider you want next year is better to be paired with one that isn't and make sure the wanted one finishes behind the other...

Wallinger Watch.....

His race time for his 3rd heat was 63.2

He came out after the meeting and fell off in 2nd go....

With plenty of time after the meeting I would have expected Garcia out too.

Also riding around after the meeting was Drew Kemp and Matt Marson 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Very good meeting tonight, best I've seen at Foxhall for a while with plenty of passing. Redcar were good value for their point, Jorgensen particularly impressive. Possibly harshly done by with his heat 13 exclusion too, depending on the angle people saw. Berge and Jonas Andersen improved over the meeting, however Barker, whilst all action, looked slow and couldn't make much of the impact. The reserves struggled, never looked comfortable. 

For the Witches, Schlein, Covatti and Heeps all did a decent job. Covatti was unlucky with a puncture and Schlein cutting him off in heat 15 when he possibly thought he was Jorgensen. Mark Riss looks a very good signing at home, clearly very comfortable at Foxhall. Garcia tried hard, throwing himself around everywhere and I'm sure he'll improve around Foxhall which will be needed against higher quality reserve pairings. As for Wallinger, there isn't really much to say. I didn't expect him to score a point but watching a Championship rider having to free wheel into the bends in his first race was a new experience. He might get Redcar away next week but I'd be amazed if he's still in the side for the next home meeting. You have to feel for him as he's completely out of his depth, an incredible decision from the promotion which needs explaining. An 'enthusiastic approach' is certainly not a good enough reason to sign a rider! Tom Brennan, Nathan Stoneman, Josh Bailey and Ryan Kingsley are all clear, stronger options. I presume Bailey has an average so probably can't guest but the other three must be able too and I'm sure they won't turn down the opportunities at Foxhall. 

On a sidenote, really pleased to see Connor Mountain win the Top Gun Individual at Sheffield tonight. Congratulations Connor. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Positive stuff first. Good debuts for mark and coty and both contributed to a entertaining meeting. Despite Wallinger not scoring it was very refreshing to see him practicing after the meeting and trying to improve and learn the track. 

Our riders need to be aware of where their team mate is on track. Cam impeded Rory several times and Rory done the same to Nico. 

Now for a moan. When a ten year old lad asks a rider for his autograph and gets told to wait til after the winning parade and then the rider failed to even look at this lad and give his autograph even though he patiently waited for ten minutes. 

Its hard enough to attract younger people but to treat them like that is very poor. The riders need to remember who pays their wages because soon there will be nobody left. 

A quick signature means so much and the riders become heroes with these youngsters but this experience has left a very sour taste 

• Like 1

I was hoping for a point tonight, and so it turned out. Although never leading, the Bears hung on in there which hasn't been the case for a good while. Atoned a little after last Thursday's horror show v Edinburgh.

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Positive stuff first. Good debuts for mark and coty and both contributed to a entertaining meeting. Despite Wallinger not scoring it was very refreshing to see him practicing after the meeting and trying to improve and learn the track. 

Our riders need to be aware of where their team mate is on track. Cam impeded Rory several times and Rory done the same to Nico. 

Now for a moan. When a ten year old lad asks a rider for his autograph and gets told to wait til after the winning parade and then the rider failed to even look at this lad and give his autograph even though he patiently waited for ten minutes. 

Its hard enough to attract younger people but to treat them like that is very poor. The riders need to remember who pays their wages because soon there will be nobody left. 

A quick signature means so much and the riders become heroes with these youngsters but this experience has left a very sour taste 

Riders moan that they get no track time. But when available to them they mostly pass it up. So is a nice change that Wallinger came out.

Regards your 2nd point....Seems it the attitude of anyone in the sport.... the fans should be grateful to them for allowing us to be part of their life...

Pretty easy to guess who you mean... :shock:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Speedway28 said:

Very good meeting tonight, best I've seen at Foxhall for a while with plenty of passing. Redcar were good value for their point, Jorgensen particularly impressive. Possibly harshly done by with his heat 13 exclusion too, depending on the angle people saw. Berge and Jonas Andersen improved over the meeting, however Barker, whilst all action, looked slow and couldn't make much of the impact. The reserves struggled, never looked comfortable. 

For the Witches, Schlein, Covatti and Heeps all did a decent job. Covatti was unlucky with a puncture and Schlein cutting him off in heat 15 when he possibly thought he was Jorgensen. Mark Riss looks a very good signing at home, clearly very comfortable at Foxhall. Garcia tried hard, throwing himself around everywhere and I'm sure he'll improve around Foxhall which will be needed against higher quality reserve pairings. As for Wallinger, there isn't really much to say. I didn't expect him to score a point but watching a Championship rider having to free wheel into the bends in his first race was a new experience. He might get Redcar away next week but I'd be amazed if he's still in the side for the next home meeting. You have to feel for him as he's completely out of his depth, an incredible decision from the promotion which needs explaining. An 'enthusiastic approach' is certainly not a good enough reason to sign a rider! Tom Brennan, Nathan Stoneman, Josh Bailey and Ryan Kingsley are all clear, stronger options. I presume Bailey has an average so probably can't guest but the other three must be able too and I'm sure they won't turn down the opportunities at Foxhall. 

On a sidenote, really pleased to see Connor Mountain win the Top Gun Individual at Sheffield tonight. Congratulations Connor. 

Nice to see a reply that mentions that the Bears actually took part in the meeting. Was beginning to think I’d imagined it ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Nice to see a reply that mentions that the Bears actually took part in the meeting. Was beginning to think I’d imagined it ;)

Fair comment and apologies - think with the whirlwind week of changes Witches fans are just very much caught up in their own bubble

The Bears were deserving of their point without really threatening to take away any more

All got stuck in and had their moments with Jorgensen particularly impressing

A decent meeting and they are only possible when both teams play a part :t::cheers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

There's only 2 people in the universe who think Wallinger is Championship  level . himself  and before last night , Chris Louis 

I'm guessing there was no sign of a new noise making drum for the Massif last night then? 

49 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

I'm guessing there was no sign of a new noise making drum for the Massif last night then? 

Nope

12 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

Ben Barker's season in one sentence - "Barker, whilst all action, looked slow and couldn't make much of the impact."

No team will ever succeed when you have a number one who can rarely compete...

33 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Ben Barker's season in one sentence - "Barker, whilst all action, looked slow and couldn't make much of the impact."

And lose money at every meeting you hold.

31 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

We all know what Ben is capable of, so maybe it's his equipment that is letting him down, which is a shame , when you know he has so much more to offer .

• Like 1