British Speedway Forum
SuperBear

Ipswich v Redcar 19/7/18

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nope

Did he even make an appearance on the back straight? 

14 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Did he even make an appearance on the back straight? 

No....stayed on centre green

17 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Positive stuff first. Good debuts for mark and coty and both contributed to a entertaining meeting. Despite Wallinger not scoring it was very refreshing to see him practicing after the meeting and trying to improve and learn the track. 

Our riders need to be aware of where their team mate is on track. Cam impeded Rory several times and Rory done the same to Nico. 

Now for a moan. When a ten year old lad asks a rider for his autograph and gets told to wait til after the winning parade and then the rider failed to even look at this lad and give his autograph even though he patiently waited for ten minutes. 

Its hard enough to attract younger people but to treat them like that is very poor. The riders need to remember who pays their wages because soon there will be nobody left. 

A quick signature means so much and the riders become heroes with these youngsters but this experience has left a very sour taste 

What's with the secret squirrel stuff? Which rider was it? I'd like to know which rider considers himself above giving an autograph to a young fan.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I admit I was thinking antipodiean as well. Your right in what you say, Just taking the time with a young fan can make all the difference, and certainly speedway needs as many of those as it can get if it is to survive.

I didn’t mean to be secretive just thought I’d save his blushes. 

Watched a dvd yesterday when the riders were giving autographs at the turnstiles. And a rider was asked what’s it like to give a autograph. He replied a few years ago it was me collecting autographs so I know how much it means. 

• Like 1

To be fair to Nico he may still have been somewhat wound up after heat 15

He is normally very calm relaxed and friendly

I dont remember another time Ive seen him as upset and animated as he was in his reaction to Rory after heat 15!

The riders are generally excellent at Ipswich with autographs and photos for anyone not just the kids. I also think the club place a high priority on that being the case too

Hopefully amends can be made at the next meeting

• Like 1

Nico always been fine in the past so would have thought it was down to heat 15 goings on

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

18 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I agree and as a adult I find that reaction reasonable to a degree. But a ten year old doesn’t see it that way.  

Perhaps something a bit extra can be arranged for this particular 10 year old to restore faith

Over to Nico and the club......